エピローグ ༄ EPILOGUE

┌───────────┐
記憶
└───────────┘

┌───────────┐記憶└───────────┘

EPILOGUE

꧁꧂

A bitter end to a bitter start.

Akaza sat still for a moment, "Koyuki's" lifeless body lying limp on his arms.

He was confused, for he wasn't quite sure how he had gotten to this point.

The demon was left slightly panting as the rush of exhilaration slowly died in his lungs. He released a heavy breath, his mind trying its absolute hardest to formulate some sort of sense into the sight before his own eyes.

He just couldn't believe it.

Was Koyuki...

Was she dead?

Actually, who was Koyuki again?

He would be crying his heart out at this moment, if it wasn't for his genuine bafflement.

The woman in his arms was not Koyuki. That is, if he even knew who this "Koyuki" person was. In an instant of immense shock, he suddenly couldn't remember the person who owned that name. Had he even known her at all?

His head was pounding in pain, and his memories felt downright messy and scrambled beyond repair. Akaza struggled to even pinpoint a single one that was reality.

But there was one name that he could recall—it was one that somehow tied to this entire mess of confusion.

"(Y/N)."

A name once so foreign to him now felt easy and recognizable on his tongue. It was almost as if he hadn't forgotten it at all. He was finally able to distinguish that woman lying dead in his arms was (Y/N).

She was not Koyuki, nor any other person. She was a lone woman he met in the snow one ill-fated night.

But now she was here, no longer living has he held her corpse inside her own household. The sight of her evident struggle and his blood mixed with her own made it clear to the demon. He himself was the cause of her death, though he could not even remember why he tried to turn her into a demon at all.

The insane delusions of his human past were suddenly forgotten once again, almost as if (Y/N)'s shocking death had finally driven them away. Akaza could no longer recall Koyuki, or Hakuji, or anything. All he knew now was that he was an Upper Moon demon, and his only wish was to get stronger.