四 ༄ ANOTHER

┌───────────┐
記憶
└───────────┘

┌───────────┐記憶└───────────┘

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Chapter Four
ANOTHER

꧁꧂

After time, it got harder for (L/N) (Y/N) to say that she loved him.

Confessing such a heavy statement was almost impossible when the demon she spoke those words to did not love her the same way.

(Y/N) did, indeed, love him—she was sure of it. But saying the words "I love you" just felt like poison being injected in her tongue. It stung in a way that felt deadly, and she couldn't take the uncomfortableness of saying it anymore.

And so she didn't. Instead, she would just let out a fake, happy little hum every time he told her that he loved her.

Because Akaza didn't really love her. He just loved the memory he recognized as her.

It was impossible to give love back to this man who was so lost in his own fake little world.

(Y/N) tried, she really did. It was easy to lie through her teeth—it was easy to passively speak those three little romantic words. All she had to do was say it and go along, after all. And in the end, she would still at least receive his affection.

But she couldn't try anymore after one, major line.

"I love you, Koyuki."

Akaza kissed her lovingly right after whispering those words, and she couldn't even kiss back due to the sheer shock from what he had uttered.

That wasn't her name. That was someone else's name.

And as he kissed her, he didn't even seem like he noticed his own mistake. It was then that the woman realized she wasn't (Y/N) anymore in his eyes—not even a single piece of her. Through flesh and through bone, she was now this unknown woman named Koyuki.

His rules with her got even stricter.

Instead of merely questioning her about something that didn't match up in his head, he would just force her to abide by his memories. As in, he would force her to not only dress like Koyuki, but even act like her.

It didn't help that (Y/N) didn't even know who this woman even was. In fact, she had never even heard her name until now. She figured it was just Akaza's own mind that was pulling up random perks and memories, because Akaza didn't even seem to know of the woman in his mind himself.

The Upper Moon Three couldn't remember his human past, and yet he acted on them.

"Why are you acting so differently, Koyuki?" he'd ask her. "Did," he'd begin, his voice cracking as he felt genuine worry, "Did I do something wrong?" The demon always sounded innocent—heartbroken, even—but he would always shift to aggression if (Y/N) even attempted to rebel against his delusions.