(13) MALACHI: JUNE 19TH, 2020

pre written don't come @ me pt. 2

MALACHI: JUNE 19TH, 2020

"Oh my God, I forgot my hair was pink."

Malachi glanced over, watching Leo comb his fingers through his fluffy hair in the bathroom mirror. It was bright and early, and while Malachi was trying to brush his teeth so they could get going, Leo was distracting him by checking out his reflection.

"Kinda hard not to notice," Malachi mumbled around his toothbrush, making a slurping sound when he tried to catch the toothpaste that dangled off his bottom lip. He failed, and it dropped onto his shirt. Fuck.

Leo grinned when he saw Malachi's dejected expression. "Just wipe it off."

"It's gonna leave a wet spot."

"No one's gonna see you, and by the time we actually go out, it'll be gone."

Malachi frowned. "But it bothers me."

Leo sighed. "One second," he said, patting Malachi's shoulder once before brushing past to go back out where the beds were. He heard distinct conversation between him and Enzo before Leo returned, holding up a big, navy blue hoodie.

"Wear this," he offered. "It'll get cold with the AC on in the RV anyway."

Malachi furrowed his brows. "It's yours though."

"And?"

"You smell bad."

"Hey, what the fuck?" Leo exclaimed, pouting, dropping his arms, letting the hoodie dangle against his legs. "I do not smell."

Malachi looked away, spitting into the sink, then washing his mouth out. He turned to face Leo again, absently wiping the back of his hand against his chin. "Wearing other people's clothes is weird."

"No, it's not."

"Yeah, it is."

Leo scowled. "Those clothes we thrifted for you? Belonged to someone else. You wear them. Is it weird?"

Malachi pursed his lips. Leo snorted. "Exactly," he stated, shoving the hoodie at his chest. "Wear it, drama king."

He hated when Leo and Enzo managed to prove him wrong. Because usually he was the one doing it. He sighed and pulled the hoodie over his head, and when his face popped out of the hole, he found Leo grinning like a madman as he stared at him.

"What?"

"Nothing," Leo sang, tapping his finger on Malachi's nose before going back out to Enzo. Malachi frowned, shaking his head, and grabbed everything he needed. He walked out to find the two of them wrestling over something.

Enzo was wheezing as he laughed, holding a phone out of reach. It was probably Leo's. "What the fuck is your wallpaper?" he managed to get out, pushing at Leo's shoulder when he got too close. "Leo, what the fuck?"

"Stop making fun of me!" Leo groaned, then rammed his elbow against Enzo's stomach, making him falter. Leo snatched his phone back and held it protectively to his chest, glaring at Enzo. "You're such an ass."

"What the hell happened?" Malachi asked, picking up his suitcase and setting it on the bed.

Enzo opened his mouth, but Leo slapped a hand over it and tried to tackle him onto the bed. However, Enzo was much stronger and managed to hold his ground. He tried to speak against Leo's hand, but Malachi only caught the word "picture," which really gave absolutely nothing away.