(9) MALACHI: JUNE 13TH-14TH, 2020

MALACHI: JUNE 13-14TH, 2020

"The only good thing about the US," Leo stated wistfully, taking the biggest, most disgusting bite of a hotdog stacked with toppings. Malachi stared, his nose scrunched up in distaste.

"Actually," Malachi mumbled, popping a fry into his mouth, "The US colonized that, too."

"Dammit," Leo sighed. "Why does colonization taste so fucking good?"

Enzo snorted, shaking his head. "That's the worst sentence I've ever heard you say."

"And saying he'll suck your toes isn't one of them?" Malachi asked in disbelief. Enzo shrugged. "God, I hate you both. Nasty ass creatures."

"Creatures?" Leo repeated in offense. "What the fuck are we? Werewolves?"

"Truly a sexy beast," Enzo commented solemnly. Leo sputtered out a laugh. Malachi should've known they'd never take one of his insults seriously or to heart. They always managed to turn it into a joke somehow, or in cases like this, a compliment.

Leo slurped from his drink, then said, "Mal, how d'you feel about beating our asses at bowling?"

"I don't feel any different."

"Wow. I see how it is. Always looking down on us — shame on you."

Malachi's lips twitched. "You're the ones who let me do it."

"Yeah. It's hot."

"Enzo," Malachi groaned, palming at his forehead. He glanced at him to see his grinning face, terribly amused and satisfied with his shitty ass joke. "Get your kinks away from me."

"Never. You're stuck with them if you're gonna be friends with me."

Malachi sighed. "Whatever. Are you guys done yet? I wanna head back."

"Yep!" Leo chirped, speaking around the last bite of his food. He grabbed all their empty trays and dumped them into the trash, setting the trays on top to be collected later. "Autothots, roll out!"

"Autothots?" Malachi echoed in confusion, following his two friends outside where a cooler breeze hit them, not as hot now that it was dark out. "The fuck is that?"

"Don't worry your pretty little head," Enzo said, patting the top of his hair as he slowed down to walk at his side. "Just know it's nothing bad."

Malachi scowled. "Whenever y'all say that, it's usually bad. Like the time Leo called me a snake."

"To be fair, you deserved it," Leo replied matter-of-factly. "You stole my homework."

"No, I didn't! It was literally mine, you dick. You took it from me."

"Hey, hey, don't worry about the little details, man."

"Ugh," Malachi groaned. "I wanna slap you so bad sometimes."

"Do it. I'll moan."

"Of course you would," Malachi muttered. He pushed ahead of them both, listening to them have, as usual, the most random conversations ever. As much as he hated how weird they could get, sometimes Malachi felt a little left out around them.