3. Upset Stomach

Daddy's large calloused hand softly rubs Blaise's back in a back and forth motion as Blaise's hot salty tears fall onto Daddy's neck. Daddy is lied down on the playroom brightly colored rainbow carpet with Blaise resting on top of him. Daddy continues to comfort his baby with a frown of his own. What Blaise did was an accident and his little ember is so upset over it.

    "It's okay, baby. You didn't mean to do it," Daddy says, attempting to cheer his upset baby up.

"I huwt him, I huwt him, I huwt him!" Blaise's wails get louder the more upset he gets. His clawed hand grabs on the long silky strands of his hair and pulls violently.

"No, Blaise. What has Daddy and Mommy told you about hurting yourself, huh?" Daddy pushes himself up into a sitting position and has to forcefully make Blaise release his hair from his strong grip.

    Blaise looks down at Daddy's rising and falling chest shamefully and fiddles with his thumbs. "T-To not d-o it," Blaise speaks through his hiccups and wavering voice.

    "That's right, little one. Daddy doesn't want to see you hurting yourself again, understand?"

    A soft whimper floats through the air from Blaise at Daddy's reprimanding voice. Blaise's head bobs softly at Daddy's words.

    "That's Daddy's good boy. How about we check up on Rue, hm? Will that make Daddy's little ember feel better?" Daddy coos to his baby who's slowly calming down.

Blaise's hands attempt to wipe his face clean, only succeeding in making a snotty and teary mess as he slowly nods to Daddy's question. Maybe if he apologizes Rue will forgive him.

    "Oh no, baby. You're making a mess," Daddy informs him of his bad job of cleaning up his face and stands from his sitting position picking Blaise up with him.

"Yeah! I'll apologize and maybe I'll give him a big hug! He'll have to accept my apology."

    Blaise's thoughts are interrupted by a cold wet wipe that cleans his face from his drying snot and tears.

"How about we have a bit of cuddle time. I don't want my baby to be sad."

"I not sad anymore, Daddy but can we have cuddwe time after I apologize to Wue?"

"Sure, baby."

Rue is sat on two slender legs that belong to one of his captors. His body squirms on her lap as his hands push at her shoulders, trying to stop her physical affections. Her constricting arms are wrapped around his waist, squishing him against her body, as she plants kiss after kiss on his cheek. Rue's disgust never fades and neither does his struggles.

"My baby is so cute," she coos, planting a kiss on the tip of his scrunched nose. Mommy has been smiling for so long, she finally has such a fragile baby she can care for and protect. Her baby was already so calm, or at least not yelling and being fussy, and it was only his first day! Mommy coos and hugs him lovingly, spreading kisses all over his face.

"My baby has gotten so comfortable so quickly, yes he has! Mommy's little good boy." Rue's behavior is honestly quite surprising.

    Rue tries to focus on the TV but it just ends up being background noise. Every time he tries to focus on something else Mommy drags his attention back to her.

"Why won't she just leave me alone! It's impossible to think while she's all over me like this." Rue has to calm himself before his frustration becomes visible. He just has to play along until he can escape.

    "This is going to be easy. All I have to do is find an escape and with all these distractions around they can't possibly be focused on me all day."