2. Feeding Time

Rue's head droops backward for the fourth time causing Mommy to giggle. She pushes his head back onto her shoulder but he uses all the strength he can muster and flops his head backward. He's still so exhausted from earlier and now Mommy is bringing him downstairs to have lunch and meet his siblings.

"You can rest your head on my shoulder, baby. I don't bite," Mommy says, pushing his head down again and holding it there.

Rue doesn't attempt to fight Mommy. He knows in this state that there's no point.

"Look at you, baby. You're so cute when you're all sleepy," Mommy coos. "Are you ready to eat some num nums?"

Rue cringes and turns his face away from the weird lady.

"What are num nums?"

Mommy laughs at her adorable baby and finally steps into the kitchen with him on her hip. Everyone stops what they're doing to look over at the two.

All the exhaustion seems to immediately leave Rue because his head shoots up off of Mommy's shoulder in terror. He doesn't dare struggle or try to run. His body won't allow him to do that anyway even if he was thinking about it.

     Blaise looks over at them and slams his hands on his tray excitedly. "Mommy, Wue sit nexta me!"

Mommy chuckles and places a terrified and tense Rue into his highchair next to Blaise. Blaise smiles at Rue but the younger boy just stares down at his highchair, thinking.

    The pacifier, crib, onesie, diaper, and now this highchair! These are all things babies need. That... weird lady also called me baby too. Do they think I'm some kind of baby? No, it's obvious that I'm not one.

    Blaise whines and pouts at his brother. He has called his name multiple times but he continues to just stare at nothing.

    "Blaise." His tail twitches behind him as he looks over at his sister. Charlene points at his plate and stares at him. "Do you want your sausage?" The small elf questions.

    Blaise looks at both of his sausage patties. He looks up to make sure Mommy and Daddy are distracted before secretly slipping one to her.

    "Ah, ah, ah. I saw that," Daddy says, taking the sausage away from Charlene.

"Daddyyy!" she whines, aggravated they were caught. "Please. I want it!"

"No. This is Blaise's. You've eaten all your food so let Blaise eat his," Daddy says, tearing apart the sausage into little pieces and putting one by Blaise's lips.

"But he gave it to me," she whines. Her eyes start to water. She wanted that sausage.

She watches as Blaise opens his mouth to accept the piece of sausage. She grumbles and turns to look at Mommy. She's dealing with a stubborn centaur named Clover.

Both Mommy and Daddy are busy and she's tired of being in her highchair. Charlene looks at her new sibling next to Blaise.

    Rue is staring at his food with suspicious eyes. He glares at his bright blue spoon then goes back to glaring at the sausages, rice, and beans. He expects it to grow legs and walk away at any second.

    A brown blob comes flying at him and lands right in the middle of his plate. Rue jumps back out of shock causing his highchair to shake.

Tiny's loud laughs startle everyone. Turns out the brown blob was chewed up food that flew out of the small Yeti's mouth when he started laughing. Rue stares at the soft mush of chewed food on his plate and gags.