Prologue

"And stay out you, homo rat!"

    Rue stumbles forward as his grandma literally kicks him out of her house. He turns and looks back at his childhood home. His eyes meet his grandpa's dark forest green eyes and he immediately regrets looking. They hold such a strong disgusted and disappointed look that he whimpers.

    Rue flinches as his grandma lets out a high pitched wail. She hides her face into her husband's chest and sobs like she was told a family member died. In a way one did. Rue was basically dead to her now. She couldn't stand the thought of having a grandson that is interested in other males.

    "Disgusting rat! Get out of here you queer! Homo!" His grandma continues to scream insults at the shivering Rue.

    He sniffles and places a fist on his chest where his heart is. Hearing his grandma's words hurt. They hurt so bad. His legs manage to hold him up as he stands up in the snow.

    "Nana, please," he whines. His voice wavers and cracks as his body shivers again.

    His grandma looks at him with a sneer. "I'm no longer your grandma. Shoo! You animal!" His grandma turns around and walks away into the house sobbing.

    Rue turns to his grandpa, hope leaving his body as he looks at that same disgusted face he has on. "Papa..."

    His grandpa silently shakes his head. Rue watches as he follows his grandma inside the house and slams the door.

    Sobs fill the once quiet area around Rue. If he knew his grandparents were going to react like that he wouldn't have came out as pansexual. He lost his only home because he was a pan rat. Rue hates himself. It's not fair!

    Rue's cobalt blue eyes look back at his childhood home one last time before his legs start to take him away. He decides he'll come back in the morning and beg to be let back in. For now he needs to find a warm place to stay for the night.

The teenager stares at the Christmas lights that dye the snow around him many different colors. He chuckles sadly and wipes tears off his cheeks with the back of his hand.

    "Merry Christmas to me," he mumbles.

Rue finds an old crusty blanket by a trashcan that he picks up.

"Gah! This thing reeks," he says, reluctantly putting it around his shivering form. It does little to protect from the harsh bite of the cold night air. He doesn't even want to think what it could have been used for.

Every building Rue passes has their inside lights off indicating that they're fast asleep.

    "Lucky," Rue mumbles, envious that everyone else gets to sleep in a warm bed tonight except for him. He regrets taking his large comfortable bed for granted.

    Rue's vision starts to blur with unshed tears. Why don't his Nana or Papa like him anymore? Is it really because of his sexuality? His grandparents have never mistreated him before so why did they kick him out when they should be celebrating. Rue's heart clenches as he remembers his grandma's harsh words from her overreaction.

    He sniffles as hot tears fall down his cheeks, burning like lava on his cold skin. He sits down on a bench deciding it is good enough to sleep on.

    As he wraps himself in the smelly blanket and lays down on the freezing bench he wonders how his grandparents will react when he shows up at home tomorrow. Rue has no idea that tonight would be his last time seeing his grandparents or his home.

This is a story I've been working on for awhile. I might not update it soon because I want to get more chapters written before I start to update. If you guys really want me to update it, I will.

And before we really get into the story, I must tell you there will be no sexual activities in this book.