Chapter 1

Victoria Justice - Riley Moore

Matt Lanter- Jayden Taylor

Rob Devita - Demetrius 'Ghost' Edwards

Niklas Bohler - Jeremy 'Remy' Walters

Alexander Ludwig - Nick Quinn

Hayden Panitierre - Emily Laurence

Shane Harper - Ethan Laurence

After being taken away from child services 12 years ago, Riley Moore now lives in one of the worst orphanages in the country. Since the day she was taken, she rarely utters a word to anyone, except to her best friend Nick. After the orphanage moves to a new state, again. Riley has to go to an all new school so she knows the routine, don't talk and don't make any friends. But after being chosen to be in a group with scary guys for a class project. How can she keep her promise when she finds out secrets about one of the guys that keeps her close to him?

Chapter 1

Riley sat on the roof of the orphanage, staring out into the distance, they were moving on now, going to a new state. She sighed, she had nothing to say goodbye to, she had no family and she only had one friend who is basically a brother to her. She closed her eyes as she felt the cold breeze of Washington hit her face. 

"Riley! Get your lazy self in here! We need to pack!" Riley growled at the sound of the orphanage keeper's voice, if she even deserved that title. She was the most neglegent lady she had ever met. All she did was drink and then abuse the younger kids here. Luckily last year she and Nick learned to fight back.

She got up and went downstairs just in time to see Ms Twist holding a little girl up by her hair while the girl winced in pain. Riley whimpered at the sight of it and ran upstairs to her bedroom, her bed nearly gave out under her, she was slim but the bed was old and neglected. A tear escaped her eye and she angrily wiped it away. She wished she had a family at times like this. She used to think she was feeling her parents with her even though they weren't physically there but recently she stopped feeling the connection. She felt numb now. As if she couldn't feel anything.

She let out a sob and clutched onto her stomach, something she did when she was trying to hold herself together. She searched through her stuff and started packing the necessities. She knew they were basically fleeing Washington, something they did routinely since the orphanage didn't reach up to child services standards because they couldn't afford to.

It was an average thing. Child services call to say they're doing a check and we leave the state. So far we've moved sixteen times. Seventeen, if you count the move we're about to make. She heard a silent knock on the door and turned around to see Nick standing there, giving her a sad, knowing look.

"Ready to go?" he asked, raising one eyebrow

"I hate my life" Riley hissed before angrily shoving another top into her suitcase.

.~.~.~....

Riley tiptoed into the kitchen and grabbed an apple from the fruit basket. She saw Nick sitting there at the dining table eating a bowl of cereal, she gave him a small wave before starting to chew on her apple mindlessly. They had settled yesterday and today was the day she and Nick had to go to the new school. She had only been in Brooklyn for one day and she already hated it. It was a nice place but she hated change almost as much as she hated socializing.