Epilogue

Epilogue :’). I had fun writing this.

I’m not a die hard Selenator or whatever you call her fandom but I like the song (it was in my graduation) and I was listening to it while I was writing this. But I love her style so it’s a plus.

Four Months Later.

“Remy put me down before I slap you” Riley said laughingly as Remy carried her bridal style to the lake. She had already told him that she didn’t want to swim in the lake. It was freezing. She even borrowed Ethan’s jacket because she was freezing.

“C’mon please” Remy pleaded, his partially unused voice raspy.

“No” she said, crossing her arms over her chest stubbornly. He sighed in defeat and threw her over his shoulder. She kicked him in the stomach and slapped his back but she was mostly hurting herself.

The past four months had been full of change. She and Jayden were official. The orphanage was finally evicted and Ms Twist was arrested for child abuse but that didn’t concern her because she and Nick lived with Ghost and his mother now and Toby moved to New York. Right now, they were celebrating the last day of school at the lake nearby the school.

“Put my sister down!” she heard Ghost yell from where everyone else was sitting on the logs that were laid out. Ghost had an overprotective side but only towards boys who weren’t Jayden.

“Put my girlfriend down!” she smiled when she heard Jayden sounding slightly irritated. Remy chuckled and set Riley down.

“Gee thanks Remy” she said sarcastically and he chuckle. She grabbed his hand and they walked over to where everyone else was sitting. She immediately took the seat right next to Jayden who wrapped his arm around her shoulders. She responded by resting her head on his shoulder. She looked over at Ghost and Emily who seemed to be in their own world. Another change which happened over the past months is that Ghost and Emily’s incessant arguing turned into love and they were finally together, although they still argued like an old couple, much to Ethan’s dismay.

“I want to swim” Nick said with a slight pout on his face. He was looking at the lake longingly.

“No, it’s freezing” Emily complained and Toby nodded in agreement.

“I agree. The water looks good” Remy said. It took a while to get used to him talking.

“Well why don’t you go swim and if you don’t get hypothermia, we’ll join you” Emily told Nick who smirked at her.

“If Ghost goes, you will go” Remy teased. Emily went bright red and hid her face in Ghost’s shoulder. He chuckled and wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

“You’re just jealous you’re not in the family tree” Ghost retorted. Remy cocked one eyebrow and we all turned to look at Ghost after he said that.

“What family tree?” Jayden asked, looking confused.

“Riley’s my half- sister, Nick is practically her brother therefore he’s my brother. Jayden is Riley’s boyfriend therefore he’s my brother -in –law and Emily is Riley’s sister – in – law since she’s my girlfriend” Ghost explained. “Duh.”

“But Remy and Toby are practically her brothers too” Jayden interjected.

“We’re just one big, messed up family” Riley joked, and it was true. She looked up and smiled at Jayden who kissed her forehead, causing the blood to rush to her face and her stomach flipped. She loved him so much.

“Thanks to Riley and Nick. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have looked in their direction” Emily said, pointing to Ghost, Remy and Jayden. “No offense.”

“Actually we have Mr Summers to thank. I wouldn’t have looked in their direction until he put us in groups for the class project” Riley said and it was true. She was thankful that Mr Summers put them in those groups all those months ago. Although back then she hated him for it.

“So we have to remember to invite him to the wedding” Emily joked, wiggling her eyebrows at Riley who felt herself growing redder by the second. “I want to go swim now.”

“Let’s go!” Remy exclaimed excitedly. They followed him to the lake except for Jayden and Riley who stayed behind. She pulled away from him to face him but he had a faraway look in his eyes.

“Are you okay?” she asked him, cupping his cheek.

“You know you saved my life, right?” he asked suddenly. She cocked her head to the side, not knowing how to respond to that.

“How did I save your life?”

“I was in a really bad place before you came along. I just thought you should know that” he said, his eyes full of sincerity.

“Okay well while we’re making confessions. You changed my life” she said with a grin. “Well you and everyone else” she said, gesturing to everyone who was swimming in the lake.

“I know I did” he joked before smiling down at her. “You know I love you” he said with a huge grin on his face.

“I love you too Jay” she said, those were some words she had to get used to hearing from someone who wasn’t related to her.

“Race ya to the lake!” he said suddenly before getting up and running off. She chuckled and followed him, trying to pass him.

Riley was amazed by how much her life had changed when she moved to New York. She never expected to like it there and she definitely never expected to make any friends but Jayden changed her. All her friends made her into the person she always knew she could be and Jayden made her believe in love again. And she loved him for that.

Sequel: No

One shots: Maybe

Permission to make one shots out of this book: Yeah, go ahead.

This was actually my favourite book to write because Riley kinda reminds me of myself from primary school level to form 3 (apart from all the drama and attractiveness) cuz I used to be all shy and stuff and now it’s kind of hard to get me to shut up but I prefer myself now (trust me, I’m not vain). But I used to be shy because I thought shy people were more likeable and I had some self -esteem issues (and I am shy around strangers for the most part and adults but if I’m comfortable around you then you are in for a ride) but then I decided to be more open with people and I have friends now and I would like to believe my friends prefer me now since I’m myself now*insert that Disney song here*;)

Sorry for the life story

Anyway thanks to anyone who read this. I really appreciate it

Lots of love! X.