Chapter 10

I updated my life (not a book) xD

Favourite song: If You Could See Me Now by The Script

Favourite Movies: Coach Carter/ Love Happens

Favourite food: Spaghetti

Favourite book: Pretty Little Liars

K read on. 

“Where are we going?” Riley asked Jayden as they walked through the streets. She recognized a few landmarks so she figured they were headed to his area. She wondered how she just trusted him. She knew him for two months and she barely interacted with him until recently and now she was letting him carry her into a relatively dangerous area.

“It’s a surprise” he said, sending a wink her way, making her heart rate speed up which surprised her.

‘It’s probably just fear’ she thought to herself but she wasn’t convinced. She shook for any other thoughts and continued following Jayden. The part of her that was traumatized was telling her to walk away but another side of her, the small side that was still open was curious.

“We’re here” he said. She looked up and saw a warehouse covered in graffiti. There were a few beaten cars parked in front of it. She stopped in her tracks and turned around to face Jayden when she heard him laughing.

“Don’t worry. I’m not planning a murder or anything” he said, raising his hands in surrender, smiling. She cocked her head to the side when she noticed that even though he was smiling, he still looked troubled. She didn’t know that was possible. Nick always told her to keep smiling because it made her look less troubled, unless he was lying.

“Whatever” she said, resisting the urge to roll her eyes. She didn’t want to risk doing anything that will make him angry. She watched as he kicked the front door a few times until it opened.

“Hey look who’s here” she heard a voice say as soon as they walked in. The inside looked just like the outside, covered in graffiti but she liked it which she found strange. She had never gotten the chance to go out into the world and see what she liked and didn’t like. She was always taught to just accept things. She realized the voice had come from Ghost who was closing down a bottle of spray paint.

“You did that?” she asked softly. Ghost nodded and she looked around, impressed. She noticed Remy sitting on one of the recliners in the room. He was avoiding eye contact with her and he was playing with something in his hands but no matter how much she squinted she couldn’t tell what it was.

“This is where we come when we ditch school” Jayden told her nonchalantly as he stood by her side.

“Feel free to join us anytime” Ghost told with a smirk and she heard Remy snort. It was probably the first time she heard a noise come out of his mouth. “You can bring your brother too.”

“I don’t have a brother” she said before she could stop herself but then she remembered everyone thought Nick was her brother. Now what? All three guys stared at her in shock.

“You don’t? But Nick…?” Jayden didn’t seem to be able to form a coherent sentence.

“He’s my best friend. Don’t tell anyone he’s not my brother” she begged, not caring how much she was probably embarrassing herself.

“We won’t tell anyone…” Ghost told her reassuringly. “If you start being yourself around us.”

“Wha..?” Riley started. They were starting to scare her. Was it that evident that she was holding herself back? She knew some people probably saw her joking around with Nick because she was only ever really herself around him or even Emily and Ethan. She knew that she was becoming closer to the guys and even if she had tried to stop talking to them. It didn’t last long and now here she was, so why not act like herself around them?