Bonus Epilogue

heyo, so apparently i really wasn't ready to let this book go.

i also noticed it gained some popularity over the months. thank you for all your support, comments (they're hilarious, keep going lmao), votes, and listings

here's a short extra epilogue as a thanks lol

edit: the book will be re-edited soon!
check out my profile for information and other books (i have another completed sugawara x reader and a oneshot book and a kuroo x reader //complete and an akaashi x reader!)

. . .

You broke into sobs, reaching for your boyfriend's hand.

A ringing startled you out of your daydream. You blinked your tired eyes, exhaling into the cold air around you.

Picking up your phone, you walked into your house, closing the door behind you and sprawling out on the couch.

"Hello?"

"(Y/n)-san," The voice on the other end called.

"...Keiji?" You were shocked. He hadn't talked to you since...

"We haven't talked in a while," Akaashi said quietly, echoing your thoughts.

"Why haven't you called?" You missed talking to your old friend and you were terrified of him leaving your side. But he lived in Tokyo. "It's been... a year..."

"Sorry," Keiji sighed, rubbing his forehead. As expected, silence greeted him once more. You weren't the same. "I'm sorry, really. How have you been?"

You sat for a moment, thinking as emotions flooded back to your head. Remember when he confessed?

Remember when the numbness faded?

Remember when he was the one that solved all those personal problems for you, just to have you by his side?

"... I miss Koushi."

Akaashi's eyes widened at the mention of his name. "(Y/n)..."

You brought your knees to your chest as you had before, and realized your vision was starting to blur. Wiping your eyes, you glanced at your Karasuno jersey, hanging on the wall beside you.

He sighed, listening to your sniffles on the other side of the phone. Talking to you was like shouting in an empty cavern. You only get the answer you expect, nothing but a hollow echo.

This had been happening for a few months. The reality of life was starting to hit you, but in a different way you'd expect.

He talked again after he felt pity bubble within him, some of which was for himself. "Have you been taking care of yourself? Have you even left the house? Did you start looking for a job? You should use your college degree, it's been nearly a year since you've finished, no?"

"I just went on a walk," You wiped the stray tears from your cheeks. "And... I don't think I'm ready for a job yet."

Akaashi nodded even though you couldn't see and decided you could take care of yourself. "So, you never answered. How have you been?"

"Tired," You admitted. "Hah, when Koushi was here, he'd always set up the bed for me and..."

You sighed sadly. You ran a hand through your hair, remembering how well kept it was when your boyfriend had done it for you.

But... he was no longer your boyfriend.

"I-" Akaashi began, but dropped it as he heard something on the other side. He smiled softly, accepting the truth and feeling happy for you and your new life. "I promise I'll call more often. Try and keep your emotions in check, okay? I feel like you're resorting to how you were in high school, even if you do have a reason."

He continued.

"I'll even visit when you're ready."

There was a time where he felt so bitter with your love for Sugawara that he not only pushed his feelings away. He pushed you away as well.

Akaashi knew, however, it would be best for you to never know how he truly felt. "Take care."

"Bye."

Before you could say another word, he hung up. You trembled a bit as you watched the wallpaper of your screen reappear. His beautiful silver hair gave you a bittersweet nostalgia as you broke into sobs once more. "Koushi... come back, please."

.

.

You heard a chuckle sound from behind you. Glancing up, you felt a smile streak your face.

Then you turned red.

Meet Sugawara Koushi, your husband and soon-to-be father of the child you bore. 

Well, that's embarrassing-

"(Y/n), why do you make it sound like I'm dead-?" You watched your husband come up from behind, delicately taking you into his arms. "Seriously, I get you have pregnant-woman hormones and whatnot but eventually, people are going to get the wrong idea."

You blushed, embarrassed. He ruffled your hair and kissed your cheek.

"In fact, they already have. Daichi and the old team even called asking if I was okay. They said you told them you missed me. While crying."

"B-But I really did, Koushi!" You stammered, flustered.

"I was just in the kitchen making you dinner. At this rate, I might have to take away your phone," He sighed, placing his hand on your stomach.

"Noooo!" You whined, pouting like a child. "If you do that, I won't have your baby. I'll delay the delivery like Amazon during the COVID pandemic."

"That's not how it works," Suga shook his head. "Come, get some rest."

You laid your head in his lap obediently and felt your eyelids flutter closed.

You were greeted by the soft memories of how you moved from girlfriend to wife.

. . .

He got down on one knee as the gym lights turned on, revealing all the players you'd met over the years. All but one.

Despite the lack of your best friend, you were ecstatic.

You broke into sobs, reaching for your boyfriend's hand.

"Will you marry me?"

.

.

fin 

(for real this time)