Chapter 6.5: Join!!

"J-Joining?" Daichi looked confused, to say the least. "Oh! You mean as manager?"

"Cool! A new manager!" Hinata popped up from nowhere, startling you.

"(Y/N)-CHAN! OUR MANAGER! ANOTHER GODDESS, YES!" Nishinoya exclaimed.

"Don't worry, (Y/n)! We'll protect you from all those perverts out there," Tanaka said. You turned around only to find the team looking at you once again. The coach and advisor had left to call the event supervisors. You yelped in surprise, backing into Suga's chest. You yelped again, in embarrassment this time.

"S-Sorry!" You squealed.

"Why make such a big deal out of it? We already have a manager," A monotonous voice commented. You glared in Tsukki's direction.

"I... I'm not going to be a manager..." You said quietly. Now they looked even more puzzled.

"Sorry!" Kageyama said suddenly.

Sugawara grabbed your wrist in an attempt to get your attention. You felt your face heat up. Pulling away, you turned to face him. "(Y/n), whatever we did, we're sorry."

"Yeah, don't mind them. They're all really sweet once you get to know them," Daichi added. You smiled awkwardly.

"Boke! Hinata, you probably freaked her out!" Kageyama turned towards the orange-haired spiker.

You felt Nishinoya cling onto your arm. You sweat-dropped, trying to shake him off with no avail. "(Y/N)!! NO! DON'T LEAVE USSSS!!!"

"Yeah, please stay!" Tanaka pleaded.

"I'M SO SORRY FOR THOSE WEIRDOS, AND TSUKKI'S STUPID REMARKS, PLEASE JOIN!" The libero shouted.

"I doubt that screaming and latching onto her is helping, you shrimp," The dinosaur interjected saltily.

"Tsukki!" Yamaguchi said in protest.

"Guys, guys, let's calm down," Asahi said calmly (well he's actually panicking, but-), like the Jesus he is.

"Yeah, let her speak," The other third years agreed.

"I won't be manager because I intend on playing with you guys," You revealed shyly, blushing as they all gasped and started talking in surprise. You were bombarded with questions. It was literal chaos. Daichi was quick to speak up.

"Guys! Guys! Calm down!" He shouted. His facial expression and aura completely changed when he spotted Hinata and Kageyama suddenly trying to strangle each other. "HINATA! KAGEYAMA! EVERYONE, BE QUIET AND LET HER TALK!"

You trembled as the entire gym fell silent and froze in their tracks. You opened your mouth as you gave into the awkward silence.

"Oh, um, th-thanks, Daichi? W-Well, I'm not entirely sure yet, but if I'm given the okay to join by the event organizers, then I promise I will train as hard as you guys! And I want to let you know that I'm sorry, and I have no intent of replacing any of you. Please don't, uh, see me as a threat or anything! I don't mean to cause so much trouble, and I certainly did not expect this to happen on my first day at Karasuno. If you guys don't want me here, then I'll leave, um, I was mainly just considering joining anyway..." You trailed off as you were greeted by ajar mouths.

"But aren't you a girl? Why didn't you join the girl's team?" Hinata asked quietly. Daichi glared at him. "I don't mean to be rude or anything, y'know? S-Sorry, senpai!"

"Oh, it's fine, Hinata, I'm not offended. I'm the one who kind of just... showed up, you know? Well, I guess I have to admit that I hadn't thought of joining the girls' team. I could totally do that instead, though! If you guys want!" You waved your arms in front of you, as if you were saying "I come in peace." "But Coach Ukai and Takeda-sensei told me that they were asking the league officials if I could join the tournament. That doesn't mean I'll be in the starting lineup or anything, and there's no specific rule against girls joining, but I'm excited to possibly be a part of this team. This atmosphere, how close you all are... I want to be a part of that, too!" You smiled widely.

"Wow, you must be as much of an airhead as these two" -he motions to Bakageyama and HinaHina- "if you want to be a part of this 'atmosphere.'" Tsukishima just rolled his eyes.

"I'm not an airhead, you're just a tsundere," You winked and stuck at your tongue at him as the rest of the team laughed.

"(Y/n)," Daichi got your attention again. "We would be happy for you to join the team."

"YEAH!" Ten other team members responded. You saw Kiyoko grin, but Tsukkisaurus Kei merely scoffed.

You were ecstatic, the team approved! Excitement filled your heart to the brim. Until...

"(Y/n)," Takeda-sensei approached you with a grim look on his face. "They said no."

You felt the endorphins practically drain out of you.

Poor (Y/N)!! I wonder if they could convince the organization otherwise??

Well, you're gonna have to wait a bit because im goin on a (long) mini vacay until the 27th!! mini hiatus,, oop! sorry, i won't be able to post until then. I will have a few chapters and oneshots ready to be released around that date, though (to make it up since author-chan can't stop working)

UNTIL NEXT TIME UNLESS I DECIDE TO GIVE YOU GUYS ANOTHER STORY TODAYYY,,

~ỹeeto frito burrito