Chapter Five

Landon's Wolf is on the side

[Five]

*Lana*

February 25th, 2014

"You should have slapped me." I laugh, walking around Landon's office as he lays out on the couch. He has an arm thrown over his eyes, holding a peaceful aura around him. I take in all the books that are on the shelves, finding a few of my favorites. I grab Jack London's Call of the Wild and tuck it under my arm.

We have spent the last few hours talking. Whether it is about how our day has gone so far, or how our childhood was, we just spend the time getting to know each other.

Landon told me about his family when he was younger, how happy they were. He was really close with his father, they would spend days hunting, running or just watching football together. Caleb Matthews was very sarcastic, as Landon says. His mother, Amy was gentle and the peacemaker. She would always work with the Omega's and help make breakfast for her family. And Natalie hasn't changed one bit.

I told Landon about my parents and brother, how close we were. I told him about the loss of the Luna and her daughter, but I didn't tell him about Alpha Castor's abuse. I know it will infuriate him and that isn't how I want to spend our first day.

"You don't know how many different scenarios Jenny and I thought of. There was bumping into you, falling very dramatically in front of you, awkwardly touching your hand..." I laugh and take a peek at the papers on his desk. I look to see the pack registry, smiling at my name written neatly at the bottom. I notice the braille at the bottom of each paper. Landon does all this by himself?

"Jenny Olsen knows?" He asks. My eyes flicker over to him and I wonder if I made a mistake.... Is she not allowed to know? Why wouldn't she? She's my best friend and she'll find out eventually.

"Yeah...?" Landon sits up and drops his head into his hands, letting out a groan of frustration. Um, I'm sorry, what is his deal? "Was I not supposed to?" I walk over, setting the book down on the desk as I squat in front of him. I grab his hands, bringing them away from his face and holding them tightly in my own.

"Omegas aren't to be trusted with information so personal." His words are a dagger to my heart. Has he forgotten that I am an Omega?

I let out a sigh and moved to sit beside him on the couch. "Omegas have just as much of a right to be trusted as Betas." Landon turns his head in my direction, his eyebrows pulling together. I can't help but see the disagreement clear on his face. "I've been an Omega my whole life." Landon lets out a sigh, reaching for my hand. His fingers trail down my left arm until it rests on my hand.

"That's not the same."

"No, it is though. If I wasn't your mate, I'd be nothing but an Omega. You wouldn't believe a word I say or put any trust in me. So if you can trust me now, then you can trust all the other Omega's as well." I lift his hand and press a kiss to his knuckles. I stare into his beautiful hazy eyes. They hold such gentleness and wonder.

The man who slashed his face was aiming for his eyes. The three claw marks start from the top left of his forehead and move down until they reach his right cheek. Two of the marks run over his eyes, permanently blinding him.

I reach my free hand up and trace the marks. The rigid scars should revolt me and make my stomach churn. But all I see is beauty. 

Landon grabs my wrist, leaning his head away from my touch. "You're right." I curl my hand into a fist, straightening my back. I get to my feet, giving a tug on his hand. He follows as I lead him out of the office. Blondie, who is sitting at the kitchen table, turns his attention to me. He jumps to his feet, knocking his chair down.

"What are you doing?" He asks. Landon pulls me to him, holding a hand out to Blondie, stopping him in his tracks. "Alpha?"

"Easy Mason." Landon says, continuing our route to the backyard. I look over my shoulder at Blondie to see him watching us with intense eyes. He is a loyal Beta. He would never allow any harm to come to his best friend. "What are we doing out here?" Landon asks once we're standing on the turf.

I tug on his shirt, lifting it over his head. I peek down at his tone chest, thin abdomen and defined six pack of abs. "Lets go for a run."

"Lana, I haven't shifted in four years." I look at him with a confused expression. "I didn't just lose my eyesight, I lost my wolf as well. It hasn't made an appearance since that day." He offers me a smile as he shoves his hands in the pockets of his jeans. The muscle cords of his arms tighten, making my mouth water.

"I think its time you let him out, Landon. He's been hidden for four years, he needs to run. If you don't he will get irritated and he could make an appearance at an unlikely time." Landon doesn't respond, just stares at me. Or... he would be if he could. I start to wonder if I said something wrong.

"You're wise for an eighteen year old." I grimace, crossing my arms. I feel much older than eighteen. I had to be an adult at the age of seven. I've taken care of myself for as long as I could remember.

Landon lets out a sigh and then nods his head. I watch as he relaxes his body and closes his eyes. I watch his hands slowly crack and morph into paws. His shoulders hunch and he lets out a moan, leaning forward. He falls to his hands and knees as his bones pop and reform into the body of a wolf. His pants rip off of him and he soon stand in front of me as a white wolf. I smile, he is beautiful.

Landon lifts his head and I gasp, jumping back. Beautiful cobalt blue eyes stare back at me. "Oh my god." Landon stares at me and this time, he stares at me. His eyes shift up and down, taking me in. That's not possible. I watch as a tear rolls down his furry cheek as he lifts his head and howls.

*Landon*

As my wolf takes its form, the first thing I notice is how good it feels to be in this form again. Four years is too long to be separated from my wolf.

I peel open my eyes, expecting the inevitable darkness. However, I am met with light. Undeniable light. I lift up my head to look at the woman standing in front of me. I take in her black and white appearance, seeing her beautiful soft face looking down at me. Her blond hair curls at her shoulders, her piercing eyes penetrating my own. Her skin is flawless and even though I can't see color, I know she is tan. I feel a tear roll down my cheek.

I have never seen anything so beautiful in my entire life. I don't care if I never see again. Catching a glimpse of her just once is all I need.

I lift my head and howl, thanking the Moon goddess for granting me this gift.