❄️Chapter 4 - Christmas Past❄️

Jungkook

It's been a few days since I found myself in this alternate reality and I've never felt so free in my life. I can go to the bathroom without someone noticing me. I can eat out wherever I can afford. I even went to the mall. But the best part of all has been that I get to spend time with my family. Everything is great, but my spirit guide has been questioning me a lot.

"Jungkook, are you sure this is what you want? The grass always seems greener on the other side, but your previous life was good in its own way."

"Tae, although I admit that I'm still feeling depressed, I don't feel as tired. And I have my freedom back. I can go around without being stopped or having Dispatch claim that I'm up to something. I can even go on dates." I smile widely.

He crosses his arms. "Go on dates with who?"

His words hit me like a bag of bricks and I swallow thickly. "Well, I... with Ji..." I look at my hands and how pale they are in contrast to the black comforter. When I showed up here, it was my last day of school before the break. I didn't see Jimin, but I saw Jihyun at lunch. Seeing him was surprising and filled me with a sense of hope. Jimin must be happy in this life, especially without someone so depressed unable to show him the love he deserves.

Taehyung crosses his arms. "Jungkook, as your spirit guide, I feel it's my responsibility to tell you that you've lost sight of a lot of things. This wish you made, it's not meant to be some little vacation from your real life. What you wished for was permanent."

"Wh-What?" I stare at him. "As in I'll be normal forever? That isn't so bad. This life isn't so bad."

He nods. "I want you to be happy, but I also want you to be informed. After the first snow of this life, your wish will be finalized, meaning that you have the ability to reverse this. To help you come up with your decision, I contacted some spirits and filled them in on your situation."

I blink. "Okay, I don't think I need it, but if it will bring you peace, I'll do it."

"Great. We'll start tonight."

The room grows cold and frost forms on my alarm clock. The lights go out and only the moon lights up my bedroom, a new figure standing beside Taehyung.

"Jin!" I shoot up, running over to him before pausing. "Wait, you can't be Jin."

He nods. "I am the spirit of Christmas past. I am here to show you used to celebrate."

"Okay." I swallow. "Lead the way then."

Jin smiles at me sadly and presses his two fingers to my forehead.

I collapse instantly.

"Kookie, Kookie, come see me! I'm under the mistletoe~" Jimin sings teasingly.

"Jimin!" I try to run towards him, but an invisible forcefield stops me.

"You aren't of this time, Jungkook. You mustn't interfere," Jin explains.

Taehyung nods. "We are only here to spectate. So just sit and watch."

I swallow, biting my lip and close my eyes, letting myself get enveloped in the memory.

-

Christmas Eve - 2 years ago

"Jimin, what are you doing?" I ask, blushing as red as the Santa hat my elder is wearing.

He grins at me and wraps his arms around me tightly. "Come on, don't be so rigid. I just want a kiss, Kookie."

I squeeze my eyes shut and shake my head. "Stop teasing me, Jimin."