Chapter 4 - I Hate Surprises (Part 2)

CHAPTER FOUR - I HATE SURPRISES (PART TWO)

I let out a ear piercing scream and dropped the entire box of food that was in my arms. My heart was  beating rapidly as I covered my loud scream with my hands.

I hated surprises.

I stared at everyone in the house in shock my eyes wide. How didn't I realize that there were streamers and balloons hung all around? And then smack in the middle of the room was a gigantic "Happy Birthday" sign plastered.

"Um what's this?" I asked uncertainly. I knew that this was obviously for me, but it was something I specifically asked not to be done, especially a surprise party.

"Honey it's a surprise birthday party." My mom said hiding behind Kash, nervously fidgeting.

The front door crashed open and Alpha Bishop stood there angry and pissed. He looked ready to kill. His eyes scanned the room of shocked people before they landed on me and he slightly relaxed, though his menacing look didn't falter in the slightest.

"Alpha. What are you doing here?" I asked slowly bowing my head as did the rest of the room.

"I heard a scream" he said eyeing the room warily.

"Yeah they decided to throw me a surprise birthday party and scared the crap out of me. I apologize Alpha." I replied gesturing to the people in my house.

"Thanks guys!" I smiled as best as I could trying to appreciate everyone who came. "but I would like to speak with my mother for a sec, so please enjoy yourselves and I'll be right back!." I said cheerfully trying not to glare and growl in frustration.

Grabbing my mom's arm I drag her from the kitchen and into the pantry room. Shutting the door I turn around and glare. "I specifically told you. No. Party." I growled out furious.

"I'm sorry sweetheart but I couldn't help it I wanted to do something nice for you. I wanted my baby girl to have a big nice party for once. That's all." she said quietly fidgeting. I closed my eyes and took a few calming breaths before speaking.

"I understand and I do really appreciate it, but all I wanted was a relaxing and small party with my closest friends." I told her pinching the bridge of my nose. I could feel a headache coming on quickly. To top it off I had a big bad Alpha to deal with once I dealt with my mom.

"Ugh. Thanks mom, but please never do something like this again." I warned her and she nodded eagerly. I was about to open the door from the pantry and leave when my mom's dreaded question reached my ears.

"Why was the Alpha so angry?" she asked curiosity laced her voice and I stiffened in surprise. I quickly shrugged my shoulders. "Beats me. He heard a scream and was worried one of his pack members was getting hurt." was my smart quick lie.

I left the pantry and went to find the Alpha.

He stood by the front door scanning  the room with a menacing glare. When he saw me the glare softened and he pushed off the wall he was leaning on.

I motioned for him to follow me and we walked out the front door to the porch. I crossed my arms over my chest and looked up at him.

"Why didn't you tell me it was your birthday?" he asked softly staring into my eyes. The intensity made my cheeks burn most likely already turning red as I turned my head away and shrugged my shoulders.

"It wasn't relevant and never came up." I replied. Hearing a low growl my head snapped towards him.

"Irrelevant? You're my mate your birthday is not irrelevant" he growled sending shivers throughout my body that I barely could contain.

"What's it to you it's not like I'm your mate." I said bitterly. "Your getting married Saturday, which might I say is in two days." I added looking away my chest constricting in pain. I closed my eyes and took a few breaths to make the pain go away.

He looked at me and sighed running a hand through his hair.

"It's complicated," be began to say and I scoffed. Math was complicated, getting married to someone who isn't your real mate is just wrong and awful.

"Please, don't start with the whole "It's Complicated" bullshit." I growled in annoyance. I crossed my arms and glared at him.

"Nothing about this is complicated." I added. "It's either me and the baby or the whore of a fiancee." I said, the word 'fiancee' bitter on my tongue. "Whatever you choose has to be soon." I said angrily. "Your getting married Sunday, that's two days Adam!" I say throwing my hands up in the air.

"I don't have a choice!" he growled warningly.

"Yes you do, so like I said cut the crap." I growl back glaring.

"She's pregnant for fuck's sake!" he snarled suddenly. My eyes widened and my heart sank to the pit of my stomach. I swallowed the lump in my throat my eyes tearing up. "Please don't cry—" he stepped toward me and I took a step back holding up my hand.

"Don't come near me." I said. I know I was acting impractically, that If I hadn't masked my scent he would of know I was his mate then he wouldn't have been with Bethany, but it hurt like a bitch.

"I'll make it easier for the both of us. It's my fault we're in this mess so I am going to let you go." I try steadying my voice but it's no use.

"Zola, don't do this." Adam warns I can hear the begging in his voice.

"I'm not rejeting you, but I can't be selfish. Bethany is pregnant and you are getting married Sunday. Don't worry about me I'll get over this eventually." I say wiping a tear from my cheek, and with that I left back inside leaving him there standing.

I shut the door behind me and let out a breath of air, my heart painfully breaking piece by piece. This mess was going to be the death of me, I was slowly going to die.

Putting on a bright smile, even thought I was breaking on the inside, I go and try to enjoy my party but all that I can think about was that my mate was with someone else and going to have a kid, while his other kid wasn't ever going to know their father.

That night I laid in my bed bawling my eyes out for the mess I had created, for the mess I got myself into and for the mate I thought I might have gotten but lost.

My life was coming to an end, I just knew it.

***************************************************************************************

Hey wattpaders!

So sorry for the long wait but here is the rest of chapter 4 !!!!

I think it sucks majorly, but I hope you still enjoy it. I wonder if anyone actually reads the authors note?

Anyways if you are ..thank-you thank-you for waiting for so long and being there. I have gotten many encouraging messages and praises and it means the world to me.

Right now It is very hard to find time to type up yet alone write a chapter as I have almost no time for myself. I have homework homework, volunteering 3 times a week, and more homework! Homework literally takes up all day, everyday for me. Saturdays and Sundays I cannot be on, so yeah. It sucks.

So I hope you enjoy I apologize in advance If I do not update for a really long time and If I haven't yet sent you a cover that I promised :(

Hope to see your vote, comments, and awesome follows <3

Picture of Zola at the very top!