Chapter 1 - Oopsie Baby

CHAPTER ONE - OOPSIE BABY

"ZOLA!" yelled my mom from somewhere in the house. I could hear her shuffling about getting ready for work. My mom, Lydia Hamilton, is an elementary school teacher for kindergartners. She loves her job and is always eager to get to work, how she likes it is beyond me. I mean I love kids too, just having to wake up extremely early is just so not my thing.

"WHAT?!" I yell back groggily. Rubbing at the sleepiness in my eyes.

"GET YOUR BUTT OUT OF BED AND READY FOR SCHOOL!" mom yelled back. Groaning, I yawn and fall back onto my warm and fuzzy Pillow Chum Giraffe. The sudden quick movement made my stomach churn, head spin and an uneasy and nauseating feeling to bubble up. Covering my mouth I run to my bathroom and throw up all the water I had drank throughout the night. 

Yes, I wake up to get water.

Frowning I glance at the toilet I just moments ago thrown up in, in annoyance. I couldn't possibly be coming down with the flu? Groaning I let my hot cheek rest against the cool wall and sigh. I hated being sick, being a werewolf sickness is twice as bad as it is for a human. Humans got nothing on us, they are weak and think that a small temperature means that they're dying. I have nothing against humans, they just....overreact.

"Zola honey. You're going to be la—-" my mom's sentence is cut short when she sees me sitting on my bathroom floor leaning against the wall.

"Honey are you feeling okay?" she asks worriedly placing the palm of her hand onto my forehead. Frowning she stands back up. "You aren't burning up so you most likely don't have a temperature." she says giving me her hand to help me up. As I quickly stood up the dizziness returned and the nauseating feeling too, this time it went as fast as it came. I shook my head and looked up at my mom.

"Well I can tell you one thing I am not feeling all that well." I said tiredly as I shuffled out of the bathroom. "Can I stay home just in case if it is the flu?" I asked, praying she's agree to letting me stay. She looked at me wearily before sighing and nodding her head in agreement.

"Okay, but If you feel any worse call me or text me right away." she warned me before kissing my forehead and leaving my room. Quickly texting Cherry and letting her know why I won't be at school, I plop onto my bed and curl up under the blanket.

As I am falling asleep, the doorbell rings and I am interrupted in fully falling asleep. Groaning I slowly get up and make my way to the front door. Without looking at the peephole I open the door and starts scolding thinking it was Cherry.

"Cherry you better have a goddamn good reason for wak—-" I stop mid rant seeing who was actually standing there and stiffen in fear. "Alpha." I bow my head in respect, all sleep wiped clear. Letting him in and shutting the door I clasp my hands in front of me.

"Is there a reason for your visit Alpha? My parents aren't home at the moment." I tell him avoiding all eye contact and chanting in my head for him to go away, and fast.

He doesn't say anything for a minute as he studies me. Under his gaze I fidget and continue to chant in my head for him to hurry up and leave! The events of the drunken night flash before my eyes and my stomach tightens. I cover my mouth and make a dash towards the garbage can in the kitchen. Grabbing a napkin of the counter I wipe my mouth and flush my mouth with water. Throwing up only water sucks, and then the dry heaving after...ugh.

"Are you alright?" comes a voice from behind and I swirl around quickly again and the dizziness returns for a moment. I had forgotten for a moment that Adam Bishop was in my house.