13- homecoming

On Friday afternoon after rehearsal, Alexis, Ashlyn, and Gina arrived back at Alexis' house to get ready for that night's homecoming dance. Alexis was obviously going to be going with Ricky, Gina with a boy named Ethan, and Ashlyn with Big Red who finally asked her earlier today.

They talked about their plans and when Alexis looked up at the driveway, she stopped suddenly, staring at the car there.

"What?" Gina asked.

"Oh, nothing. Just my Dad is home, which I wasn't expecting." She shrugged and the two walked in.

"Hi, Alexis. How was school?" Her Dad called from the kitchen once he heard the door open.

The three girls dropped their bags and left their shoes at the door and walked past the formal living and dining rooms into the kitchen. "Good. Dad, you remember Gina right?"

He turned around. "Oh, yeah. Hey." He waved.

"And this is Ashlyn," she said, motioning to the strawberry blonde haired girl.

"Hi Ashlyn, nice to meet you." Said Mr. Swan, shaking her hand. "Did you guys have plans tonight?"

"Yeah, we're going to homecoming," Alexis replied.

Gina smiled. "Yup. Our dates are picking us up at 7."

Alexis shot a glare at Gina who held up her hands in defense.

"You didn't tell me you had a boyfriend, Alexis." Said her father.

She sighed. "He's not my boyfriend. Just a friend. Who's... a boy. His name is Ricky and he lives across the street. We skate to school together every morning."

He nodded. "Well I'll let you guys go get ready. I've got some research to do."

"Research?" Asked Ashlyn.

"Well, more of a research proposal. Myself and a few other surgeons at the hospital are coming up with new ideas to advance our specialties. The board is choosing the best ones and giving them a grant to work on it."

"Wow."

Gina, Ashlyn and Alexis left and went upstairs to Alexis' room. She shut the door behind her.

"Should I put my dress on first, or after I do my hair and makeup?" Gina asked.

"Definitely after. That's what I'm doing." Ashlyn replied. "You're still doing my hair, right?"

Gina nodded. "Of course."

The girls made light conversation as they got ready.

"So I can't believe you scored a date with Ethan Davis!" Alexis said to Gina excitedly. Ethan was a very hot junior, and Gina was elated about the fact that he even knew who she, a sophomore and a transfer student, was. He was in the musical too... well, not exactly in it. He was a member of the stage crew. He worked in the lighting booth.

"I know!" Gina replied happily.

Ethan, Ricky, and Big Red were all coming over to pick up the girls soon.

"Okay, final mirror check!" Gina said happily.

Alexis heard her phone ding.