3

A few weeks later...

I sat next to ryuzaki as he shuffled through files. I had honestly gained the impression that he only let me onto the task force so he could see me more often. No matter how much i asked, he would just brush off my requests to help. Leaving me bored and slightly upset.

Matsuda and i were left to be burdens to the team. Feeling like we were slowing down the process moreso than helping speed it up. 

I could tell the others were highly annoyed that he let me join the task force. And it honestly hurt me. No matter how much i ignored them i still felt unwanted.

"Ryuzaki." Cheif Yagami said sternly. "A word?"

Ryuzaki looked up, and nodded, stepping outside the room with him  for a chat.

I looked around at everyone else in the room, all of them avoided my gaze.

Matsuda finally spoke up "y'know, i wish he would give us a real job. Im sick of getting coffee for everyone."

I nodded in agreement "and im sick of just sitting here doing absolutely nothing. I joined this task force to help catch kira and no one is letting me help"

Aizawa looked away. "I dont think that there would be any point in giving either of you a real job."

Matsuda blinked "what on earth are you talking about Aizawa? Dont you think the more people trying to catch kira the better?"

Aizawa shook his head "no actually. I dont. You two have been nothing but irresponsible and ignorant the entire time youve worked on the task force. You goof off and dont take shit seriously"

I rolled my eyes and shifted in my seat as ryuzaki made his way back into the room.