1

Ryuzaki hadn't talked to me in weeks. With the kira investigation going on, and his monitoring of all the suspects, he was always busy.

I had decided that i was going to force myself into the investigation. I never get to see him anymore, and im fairly logical. It would definitely aid in the investigation.

I made my way out of the kitchen with a tea cart, with all of his favorites. I figured it would be a good way to get on his good side from the beginning. Ryuzaki was definitely fond of food. Always seen eating something.

I made my way to the elevator, humming a soft tune under my breath. I looked around the mostly empty building. Besides a few the people on his team, there was no one else in the building.

This was, for his safety of course. He was L of course. The "L" .  The one that solved every case without fail. He never fails to amaze me if I'm being quite honest. His mind... was amazing to say the least. Anything he decided to do, he would do. Without fail.

As i approached the elevator, i pressed the button. I continued humming the little song. I couldnt remember where I'd heard it before. It was just stuck in my head for some odd reason. And i couldn't identify it, nor get it out of my head.

The elevator came down. A young man, whom i knew to be Light Yagami stepped out from it with his father, Cheif Yagami.

He put his arm in front of the door to ensure it stayed open, as i pushed the tea cart into the metallic smelling box. He smiled at me, and i returned it.

He removed his arm and the doors close, as i press a button to take me up to Ryuzaki's floor. I continued to hum. Mainly to ease myself. I was alone in a shady elevator and that isnt exactly my most comfortable and desired location.

Ding

The elevator doors pushed away from each other, and i stepped out, pushing the tea cart ahead of me. I stopped to adjust my clothing and make sure everything on the cart was undoubtedly perfect. I had to do this right. I wanted him to take me seriously. If not... who knows when the next time i could talk to him would be. And my mental health was going downhill without him.

Not that i need a man or male attention per se... it was just ... very lonely without him around. And, i dont like to be alone. Its.... boring, and... stressful.

I rounded the corner and looked at the door to the room ahead.

'This is it...' I thought to myself as i headed to the door. I made it to the end of the hall and knocked.

Surprisingly,  Ryuzaki was alone. He answered the door. Standing crookedly.

"Y/n... i wasnt expecting you to be the one knocking..."

I smiled at him "well, Ryuzaki, i have some things id like to discuss... besides who else would make such a spread for you" I giggled and pushed the cart into his room.

He nodded quietly, and closed the door behind him, locking it. He sighed and perched himself in his chair as he usually did, resting his hands on his knees, as i poured him tea.

"What was it you wanted to discuss with me?" He looked up at me, as i stood taller than him when he perched.

I handed him the cup, and sat down across from him. Smiling softly. He looked so handsome, i couldnt help but express it. "Well... considering as, if I'm perceiving this correctly, the kira case has hit a lulling point. "

He nodded, to show he was listening.

"I want to join the investigation, Ryuzaki"

He sighed, setting his tea down. Thinking to himself as he commonly would do. This was how he was able to make the best decisions, think through every possible outcome.

A few minutes had passed before he picked his tea up once more, taking a drink from the cup, and looking at me. "You have to promise me, you will do as i say, and you have to trust your gut."

I nodded. "Of course Ryuzaki. Anything for you" i flashed my million dollar smile at him.

"Hm" he stood up and went to the cart, getting a slice of cake. All in silence, before moving over next to me. "I trust that if i tell you my suspicions you won't share them with anyone else on the team, correct, y/n?"

I looked at him, turining myself sideways, and nod. "Of course. It will stay between the two of us."

He nodded, taking a few forkfuls of cake. In between bites he began to talk. " i think. That Kira is among the team"

My eyes widen "you do?"

"Yes. The person with the highest probability would be mr. Light Yagami..." he raised a brow, obviously waiting for my input.

"What evidence do you have to support this?" I glanced at him. I wasnt necessarily doubting him. I genuinely wanted to know why Light Yagami, the kind young man who had held the elevator open for me earlier, was under suspicion.

"Well, for starters... when Kira first started killing, they occurred between the hours of 8pm to 2am. Mostly between 12 and 2. Exept for on weekends and holidays. Where the time would vary."

I nodded quietly as he wrapped an arm around me.

"This points us in the direction of a student. Second of all,  our Kira has to have ties to the police. For various reasons."

I nodded "and Light is the only person that you've come in contact with that fits into both criterion..."

"That would be correct" he smiled softly. "You're going to do great. Maybe even better than me" he chuckled softly.

I giggled "I dont know about better than you... youve solved every case youve been on. This is my first case"

"We will have to see about that. Depending on how this goes it hopefully wont be your last" he pressed a soft kiss to my temple.

I felt my face grow slightly pink. I hadn't felt that in ages.

I turned to look at him "so handsome" i smiled softly.

"So beautiful" he said in return.

He pressed a soft, gentle kiss to my lips. I returned it without hesitation, allowing him to pull me closer.

Our hands found each other, fingers interlocking just as our lips had.

I was the happiest ive been in weeks.

He pulled away after a few moments "can't say i didnt miss that"

"Neither can I"