They don't know about us

They were trying to find their way back to what they had before Louis broke it off and broke Harry's heart.

Louis took him out on a few secret dates. It was always hard for them to do stuff like that. They always had to be careful and think about how they acted around each other and who could see them.

Niall had been watching them from the sideline, worrying that they wouldn't find their way back to each other. He decided to do something about it. They needed a reminder. He went to talk to their writing team.

Everyone around them knew about Louis and Harry being a couple and they were very grateful for that. It hadn't worked if they had to hide their relationship from everyone working around them. Then they would be forced to only interact as boyfriends in their own home. They all had to sign a contract of course that they wouldn't reveal their relationship status, Everyone from their make-up artist to their driver and bodyguard, studio crew, and also their songwriters. That was why Niall felt that he could discuss the situation with the writers. He asked them to write a song to Harry and Louis that would remind them of what they had together. They didn't disappoint. A week later they were given a brand new song. Niall had a smug smile on his lips when they read it through for the first time.

People say we shouldn't be together
We're too young to know about forever
But I say they don't know what they talk, talk, talkin' about (Talk, talk, talkin' about)

'Cause this love is only getting stronger
So I don't wanna wait any longer
I just wanna tell the world that you're mine girl
Oh

They don't know about the things we do
They don't know about the "I love yous"
But I bet you if they only knew
They would just be jealous of us,
They don't know about the up all nights
They don't know I've waited all my life
Just to find a love that feels this right

Baby they don't know about
They don't know about us (They don't know about us)

Just one touch and I was a believer
Every kiss it gets a little sweeter
It's getting better
Keeps getting better all the time girl

They don't know about the things we do
They don't know about the "I love yous"
But I bet you if they only knew
They would just be jealous of us,
They don't know about the up all nights
They don't know I've waited all my life
Just to find a love that feels this right

Baby, they don't know about (They don't know about us)

They don't know how special you are
They don't know what you've done to my heart
They can say anything they want 'cause they don't know about us

They don't know what we do best, that's between me and you, our little secret

But I wanna tell 'em
I wanna tell the world that you're mine girl

They don't know about the things we do
They don't know about the "I love yous"
But I bet you if they only knew
They would just be jealous of us,
They don't know about the up all nights
They don't know I've waited all my life
Just to find a love that feels this right

Baby they don't know about

They don't know about the things we do
They don't know about the "I love yous"
But I bet you if they only knew
They would just be jealous of us,
They don't know about the up all nights
They don't know I've waited all my life
Just to find a love that feels this right

Baby they don't know about
They don't know about us

"You could think that this song is about us." Louis chuckled, addressing his words to Harry who grinned in response.

"It's because it is!" Niall almost shouted excitedly.

"What?" Harry questioned, looking surprised.

"I might have talked to our writers and asked them to write a song for you." Niall grinned.

"That's so sweet of you." Harry beamed.

"Yeah, thanks, Niall. It's perfect! Except for the word girl here and there." Louis chuckled.

"They couldn't make it too obvious I guess." Niall laughed.

The song actually helped them get back to what they used to have. Harry let his guard down and soon they were as annoyingly in love as they had always been. They both tried to work with their jealousy. Louis still had to go out with Eleanor publicly and Harry tried his best to not let it bother him so much. They got better at telling each other how much they love one another. Louis showered Harry with compliments because he understood that Harry needed that validation. They were all true anyhow so it wasn't hard.

Harry knew that even if Louis acted tough sometimes he was really sensitive and a bit insecure and needed validation as well so he made sure to give him that as often as he could.

Their breakup wasn't all bad. It made them more mature and it made them appreciate each other more. They still had a lot to work on as individuals and as a couple but they were both willing to do that.