A destined Meeting

A/N before starting:
-This is a semi-alternative universe. There are demons yet - as it will later be explained- they don't feed off humans, so the kids in the orphanage are actually adopted by families and well, not eaten.
-Also, I'm not really comfortable writing with underage characters when the theme is romance so all the characters will be aged up, however the only characters that are relevant for you to have in mind their ages are the full score trio, who they all have 18 or around such age.
-I'm still wondering the rating of this fic but it will mostly be for every age, until further notice.

All the characters belong to Kaiu Shirai and Posuka Demizu

--------------------------------------

“Long time ago lived a royal family, just across the forest. That family was loved by every child as they guaranteed their safety from the monsters, giving special protection to the Grace field."

"Emma!" The ginger-haired young adult stopped her story, despite having just started it, when the innocent voice of one of the children that sat in a circle around her lifted her arm to catch her attention "What kind of monsters were they protecting us from?"

"Hum... That's a good question, Shelly..." Emma had wondered about that too, every time Mama had told her this same story and so she could only give the answer Mama always gave her " I guess it's better not knowing about it."

"It can't be more dangerous than whenever Ray thinks about burning the place again..." The duo of troublemakers of the group joked in between them until they both are hit in the head with one book and the other lightly with a fist.

"Emma. You weren't going to tell the same story once again, were you...?" The raven-haired sighed at the large grin that Emma gave him, her answer not needing any words "You know you shouldn't scare them like that. You're eighteen...For heaven's sake, yet you still act like a child of five."

Receiving this answer, Emma couldn't help but pout. She was just having fun, no need to be so cold "I'm taking care of the younger ones, Mama said I was the best with them. Plus, they know it's just a story. They know that the gate is too dangerous to cross, there are too many dangerous animals behind them. Right?"

"Right." As following her, the group of kids agreed in a choir, making Ray sigh.

"Come with me. I need to speak with you." Under the serious tone that one of the oldest siblings had spoken - even serious than usual- and that caused Emma to fear whatever was coming after but she nodded nonetheless.

"But Emma! You didn't finish the story!"

The young adult gave the younger ones a smile before ruffling the dark hair of the one that held the sleeve of her shirt "sorry Phil, I promise it will be quick. What about you go to play hide and seek?"

To her luck, the children seemed to be excited over the idea and quickly the two young adults by themselves but even so, Ray seemed to prefer a more private place as he led both of them to the house's library.

"How long do you intend to keep believing in those stories? Next thing you'll say is that you want a charming prince to come and rescue you." Ray stated coldly, not even a hint of restrainment on his tone. "Life isn't a fairy tale Emma."

"I know but... What is the joy of staying by the rules of what is normal?" Emma sighed, her hand reaching out to hold one of her favorite books in the library. Maybe she still hung onto her childlike dreams of princes and princesses, curses and happily ever after but she still knew how reality was cruel. She knew of the world full of demons that lived outside those gates. She knew how hard Mama worked to protect them until they would finally leave with a lovely family that could protect them themselves. That was why Emma wanted to be a Mama herself. She wanted to help mom as much as possible so she had secretly destroyed every single way she could have to be adopted. She simply refused to leave this house without a reason that would benefit the orphanage.