Chapter Thirteen

The sound of metal being smashed against the wall wasn’t enough. Nothing was enough! His room was destroyed. Everything he owned on the ship had been neatly placed in his room. The key word was had. His muscles trembled as he demolished everything in sight.

Rage and adrenaline made him itch to pummel everything in sight.

How could he have done that to her? How was it even possible for him to have a mate outside of his race? Every time he closed his eyes in an effort to calm down he just saw her laying limp on the floor, unable to move. He couldn’t even remember what happened!

Nothing.

The last thing he’d remembered was her showing him that she’d borrowed a pair of his undergarments. Then his memory was blank.

Placing the back of his hand to his mouth, he ground his teeth. Ash could still taste her and it made him groan. Had she screamed in terror, trying to get free of him? Had he harmed her? She’d looked frightened when she’d opened her eyes to look at him. In fact she’d scrambled for her torn clothing. He’d obviously ripped them off.

After everything that had already happened to her…

Gods she couldn’t sleep before...now...

Why had no one helped her?

His cock was hard enough that it made him grimace in pain. It pulsated with every pounding heartbeat and he was fairly certain there was no way to help himself now. Not now that the claiming had begun.

Naturally, Lore decided that very second to make his appearance in the doorway.

Ash roared and launched the chair she’d slept in the night before at the door. Lore smoothly stepped to the side as the chair flew through the air and landed out in the hallway.

“Look, I don’t like that she’s your mate any more than you do but this,” he swept his hand around the disaster in his room, “is ridiculous.”

Ash charged at his friend and Lore was slammed into a wall. Ash wasn’t a fool, Lore let him do it. His friend would have never let anyone get the drop on him.

Astonishment that his body chose a human as his made felt like a kick to the head. He couldn’t comprehend what was going on and the dizzying sensation was nearly too much to handle.

“Why? Why didn’t you idiots help her? You can’t tell me she didn’t scream for help!”

“Well, for the record, she didn’t scream for help. Doc and I did witness you somewhere in the middle of all of it and explained a little of what was going on to her while you scented her.”

Ash fisted his friends battle suit and slammed him against the wall again. “Then why!”

“There’s nothing we could do. She’d tried to run and you went fully into the claiming process.”

Ash shook his head. She’d tried to run. Gods, what had he done? She would never look at him again - maybe that was for the best.

“Is she okay?” The words sounded strangled.

“I passed her in the hallway and she was headed over to Doc’s. Other than some wobbly knees, I think she’s fine.” Lore sounded almost sad that she was okay.

Relief that she was able to move around flooded him. He was terrified he’d done serious damage, when he’d seen her laying prone on the ground with her knees bent and spread awkwardly.

“You need to stay away from her, Ash.”

He nodded. Lore was right, that was the second step in the claiming stage. He’d scented her, then tasted her. There was only one left. The last was to breed her. Sadie had made it clear that she didn’t want to be a part of their breeding quest. Nothing in the universe had prepared him for finding an actual mate of another species that would trigger a Trevorian’s claiming. As far as he was aware, he was the first of the Trevorians to ever do so with another species and now the options for his people were endless. It would have been difficult on his people to pair exclusively with one human female who wasn’t their mate. But now there was a chance that they could find just that.