Chapter 6

His face; his handsome face... is so close to mine!

"Wha-? What are you doing?!" I slapped his hand away, and my cheeks turned awfully red! He stepped back, and smiled.

Why is he smiling? What the @^#$ is happening?!

When the man I bumped into left, Eisuke's smile turned into a grimace.

"Tsk! Don't let it get to you. I was just doing it, because that man is someone I know. Do you think I'll care for someone like you; a pauper?"

It stabbed me on the heart. Don't get the wrong idea. I was hurt because he said I was a pauper. He took it too far. Well, I am definitely not rich like him, but I am certain that I am not a pauper! I was raised in a middle-class family. Raised with manners and decent personality! Unlike him, he's stinking rich, but doesn't care for anyone but himself! So rude!

"Excuse me? If I may say, I am not a pauper. Even though I'm not rich doesn't mean I'm poor, right? I might have been handling some problems with money, but money isn't the world. I think you'll get that. If you're saying you're rich and I'm not, then don't bother to talk to someone like me. Wealthy people hate poor people. They have different worlds. Although, there are few people who care for the poor. But that doesn't mean you're like one of those humble and compassionate people. You're just an arrogant, rich person." I said, calmly but obviously angry.

"Please don't bother to talk to me, milord." I curtsied sarcastically. "If you'll excuse me, I still have 43 minutes to walk around." I said, turning away.

I walked away, thinking.

He's rude; he's a narcissist; and he's arrogant! Argh! Why did I even... ugh! Nevermind!

"Argh...!" I shook my head, scowling. I let out an exasperated sigh, and continued to walk.

~~Time Skip~~

I kept letting out exasperated sighs. I glanced at my watch, and saw that I still have half an hour.

I put my hands in my pockets, and walked over to a coffeehouse. It was too chilly for me to handle, and my hands are freezing.

I checked my wallet if I still have some money left. Luckily, there are. You know some scenes where the main character orders something, but has no money. Well, I'm not considered as a scholar if I'm that naive.

"One black coffee please." I said. I haven't tasted black coffee, so I might as well try it.

The lady gave me my order. Apparently, I had another cup of coffee because they have a promo. I smiled, took my order, and gave my payment.

I headed to a table near the window, and placed it down. I plan to take this coffee home, 'cause I can't drink two cups in one sitting.

I took a sip from the coffee, and crinkled my nose as the bitter flavor spread all over my mouth.

It was delicious, but I didn't like the bitterness. I can't throw this away, it's a waste if I do that.

I took some sips, and my taste buds adjusted to its bitterness.

"Ehem..." someone cleared their throat.

I looked up just to see the arrogant Eisuke. But somehow I saw him in pain.

"Is there anything you want, your highness?" I stood up, and curtsied sarcastically again.

"Please stop calling me that." he gently said, that caused me to twitch.

His voice was sincere and gentle that I can't seem to find that arrogant guy. His voice was different from the one when he wiped the coffee of my face.

He sat down, and I sat down.

"I-I am sorry..." he started, "I should've been sensitive to your feelings. And you're right, I am nothing but an arrogant person. I am sorry for all the bullying I did. I'm sorry too that I called you a pauper, and was always teasing you. I was just afraid that if I had been nice to you, you'll know..." he paused "I like you."

My heart skipped a beat, and my jaw dropped. That wasn't expected. I was just expecting a normal apology.

"At first, I wasn't sure what I was feeling. I haven't experienced these things. And then, I knew that I'm in love, when I'm afraid that you'll know how I feel. I thought that if you knew, you would avoid me. I heard your promise with Belles, so I was really scared. I haven't been afraid that someone, besides my family, will leave me. You're the only girl who have satisfied me. You're the only one that I've given so much importance."

Every word that he said; I can't believe it. He reached out to my cheek, then his hand crawled on my hair, giving me chills.

"I am so sorry..., I... I-I love you." a tinge of pink appeared on his face as he said this.

I don't know what to say. He left me speechless.

When I didn't respond, his face looked forlorn. "Oh... I knew it... I should've not said that, but it was worth a try, though."

He stood up, but I grabbed his shirt.

"Wait." I said. I was looking down when I said this. I can feel he's surprised, yet happy.

"What is it?"

I looked up.

"Don't leave..." I mumbled, so only he could hear.

A/N: Tnx for reading XD If you liked this, please give it a vote/comment/follow. Thanks for all your support! Sorry for the wrong grammars :(