Chapter 15

"Yuno?"

A familiar voice rang through the room door. Yuno gasped as he jolted from his trance. He looked up and came face to face with Asta, standing at the doorway.

"......."
Yuno placed down Asta's shirt beside him and crossed his hands with his head down.
"What are you doing here?"
The boy shut the door behind him.
"......I wanted to...um.."
The male sitting on the bed looked to the side.
"......say some things."
"Oh? Like what?"
Asta kept down a white cover and walked up to Yuno.

Yuno sighed. His eyes glanced around the room so he could find something to change the topic to. He wasn't used to long talks and mostly not apologizing.

"Spit it out! Don't you always tell me to?"
Asta wasn't irritated, he just wanted to know.
".....I'm sorry for yelling. I was just really...afraid..."
Yuno didn't bring his head up. Asta listened and watched Yuno.
"You have a memory loss, and you forgot a very important detail of your life.....our promise."
The ash blonde had a serious but calm face as he listened.
"I'm guessing...you're missing something aren't you?"
The other squinted and his lips parted ever so slightly.
"....yeah...I..feel empty."
Yuno continued looking down, expecting the answer.
"Although...I still have a mission I wanna finish!"
Asta sat besides Yuno on his bed, and moved really close to him.
Their legs and shoulders were almost pressing against eachother and it really distracted Yuno. The smaller male then moved up to his face and whispered with a smile.

"I'm gonna bring down all the nobles and royal family members, including the king, and I'm gonna change the very nature of this kingdom."

The hair on Yuno's nape stood up.

"Huh? What did you say?"
"Haha! Nothing, you jerk! I was saying nothing at all!"

Yuno sighed. Although he swore he heard something sinister. He was slowly losing his trust on his friend.
"Hey...do you remember this time.."
Yuno's attention went to the shorter male.
"Do you remember while I was training, I fell off the tree, and my head was bleeding out? I was laughing the pain away when you were crying."
..........
"When was this?"
"We must've been around 9 years old."
Nine...years old? I don't even remember this happening...
"I don't remember this happening."
"You say I have a memory loss? Then how did you forget even that incident?"

There was silence for a few minutes all together.
......when did that happen...I don't remember at all...but I do remember Asta falling, but from a tree..?
Yuno slowly escaped his thoughts when he felt a piercing gaze on him.
He didn't feel all that alarmed, until he felt something tracing the side of his neck from up to down. He flinched at the touch. It felt like clouds. Barely any feeling at all.

Yuno's breath hitched when his collar was tugged.
"What are you doing?"
Yuno looked down at Asta.
".....your smell, It suddenly seems stronger now...did you do something to me?"
"....No..I didn't do anything."
Yuno was confused because of Asta's question and the way he acted.

Before he could think, he was pushed from the bed and his back and hit the hard stone ground. The sudden movement made Yuno open his grimoire immediately. A strong weight fell onto his right hand, pinning him down.
"Asta--"
His voice was cut off when he felt two dagger like things sink into his shoulder.

The raven haired male froze breathless.
The Ash blonde's teeth unlatched from Yuno's red tinged shoulder.

Asta, with a horn and a streak of black blending with his red eye, whispered in a devilish expression,

"Don't resist, Yuno..!"

------------------------------------------------°°°

"You got something for me, Marx-San?"
"Mahodei, Uhh...someone wants to meet you."
A blue haired male with a mushroom cut, stood with a calm but anxious emotion. He greeted Julius who had a casual smile on his face.
"Meet me? At this time...hmm..."
Julius smiled.
"It must be Vangeance! I was looking forward to meeting him!"

(reminder: Julius is in his kid form)

Julius walked into his room and was greeted by a certain someone.
"Good evening, Mahodei."
Vangeance welcomed in a warm and calm tone.
"Good evening, Vangeance! How was your day?"
"It was good. I'm going to assume that you had a good time not finishing your paperwork?"
Julius chuckled anxiously before clearing his throat.
"Well, um...Yeah, I guess.."
Vangeance sighed.
"I got some information from my subordinates. Information about the 'Hell's Rouges'."
"Julius pulled a chair and sat on it.
"Oh, what have you found out?"
"......well..."
Vangeance inhaled sharply.
"This group of rebels come from out neighbouring kingdom, the Spade."
"Huh? The spade kingdom?"
"We're still not sure about that. Based on the information given by Yuno, the main attacker had more than one magic attribute. Many of the soilders from the Diamond Kingdom have this case."

Vangeance picked up a nearby book and spoke as he flipped the pages.
"The people of the diamond kingdom have unknown magic abilities, or two at the same time. All of it stored in a gem embedded in a part of their bodies..."
He picked up the book and turned it around to Julius, showing him a diagram  of an octagon shaped crystal, shaded with a pencil.
"This is the gemstone. Although...the attacker didn't have a single gemstone on them, and it's impossible to have two magic attributes naturally, unless...."
Vangeance hesitated.

"Unless they're a devil host."

Julius's face became serious.
"Devil host, huh. From the information we've gotten about the Dark Triad, they all have two magic attributes, but we don't know which ones they have. The devil Megicula and it's host have blood magic and curse warding magic combined together. That's all we know for now."
"Yes, Mahodei. And this attacker could've been merely just one of the dark deciples. This man alone took down two of our strongest magic knights....

................

speaking of magic knights..."

Vangeance got interested in another topic.
"We figured out what happened to Asta. Atleast the main things."
Julius's head perked up.
"The people of the Hell's Rouges tried their best to brainwash him. Not only that, even alter his memories."
"With magic? Is that possible?"
"Definitely, Mahodei. An overdose of magic to anyone's brain and body disrupts their brain function and memories."

"So you're saying...Asta was drunk on Magic Power...? It doesn't make sense at all...a manaless person like him...how?"

"That's unknown sir. And Yuno took a lot of time to tell me that someone else got Asta back, not Yuno himself. He gave Asta to Yuno and disappeared without a trace. From Klaus's and Mimosa's report, the wrist band was glowing just seconds before Asta rampaged. It was like a reminder."

Julius and Vangeance were in their own thoughts before Vangeance continued..
"I completely forgot to tell you...there are many things that boy could do, bad things..."
Julius stiffened.
"....like..?"
Vangeance noticed that Julius got alerted.
"...his memories would be twisted and mixed up with other random people's memories...he would have an animal like behaviour, and he might even obsess over a person who's been closest to him...it could get gory. We might notice him clinging to Yuno or something, because of how close they are."

Julius was scared.
"Vangeance...Asta told me he wanted to meet Yuno and ask what's wrong. But...I told him it got really late, and that he should go back to his base."

Vangeance was next to feel Julius's discomfort.

".....what a coincidence. Yuno asked me if he could go to Asta's base and visit him. I gave him permission, and...he left to the base..."

The two boys stared at eachother.

"Something definitely happened."