Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight-Meeting Lianna

Nate:

"So like, the camera was pointing at me and I was like 'oh shit' I don't know what pose I should make."Carina waved her chopsticks in the air and flipped her vibrant red hair back in a flourish. "Then I started to look around, and like, it was so funny..."

Rachelle pretended that she was listening, her eyes were distant and she looked lost in thought. She rolled her eyes when Cariana went to check her makeup in the bathroom. I hid back a grin. 

I looked around the restaurant, taking in the exotic decorations. The fake Japanese maple trees, the cherry blossoms and the pictures of fat ladies in Kimonos on the walls. The whole room was lit with pastel coloured paper lanterns, showering everything with a light glow. 

"So, how's the spicy tuna?"I asked Rach, fumbling with my own chopsticks. 

"Disgusting. You know I hate raw fish."She mumbled, poking her sushi with a long chopstick. 

Yeah, which is exactly why I took you here. I smiled to myself. 

"You can try the um... california roll?" I suggested, pushing a delicate plate of neatly rolled sushi rolls towards Rachelle, who was shooting daggers at me. Her blue eyes were piercing and smoldering with hatred. 

"Oh come on, this is really good."I teased, picking up a roll and stuffing it into my mouth. 

She wrinkled her nose in disgust and looked away. I watched her, carefully. I watched as her brillant eyes went wide, really wide. Like a cartoon character. 

I turned around. 

Lianna was standing in her doorway, with her hands placed on her hips and her head tilted, like she was posing for the cameras, which she was. Her carefully hair sprayed hair spilling down her back and her makeup a touch to sparkly for day time. She wore a revealing tight, sliver miniskirt that was inches too short and high heels. 

Oh so she had been reading those "stupid magazines for starstruck teenagers" according to herself. Or else she wouldn't know who she is, or what she looks like. 

I knew that Rachelle was going to hate her. 

And of course, since my day couldn't get any worse, Lianna scanned that room and her eyes went wide when she saw me, then narrowed when she spotted Rach.

She said something to the camera crew and lifted her toned arms into a wave and walked over to us. 

Oh no.

"Oh my god, Natie!"

This was not going to be pleasant. 

Rachelle:

Lianna, with her annoying voice and her too high heels, threw her arms around Nate's neck and gave him a great big, passionate kiss on the lips. 

Now where's the bucket so I can barf my lungs up?

The cameras went wild, and the waitresses, in bright Kimonos, had to threaten them to leave. I squirmed in my seat and tried not to look at Lianna, and the way she was now running her hands in Nate's soft locks. 

Wait a sec. 

Soft hair?

When did I start giving him complements?

"So, um. Who is she?" Lianna asked when she disconnected herself from Nate, pointing one of her red coloured nails at me. Her eyes were rimmed with thick liner, causing her to look like a stripper.