Cross My Heart Chapter Four

Author's Note:

Hey everyone! This chapter is my friends, Kayla's idea and I hope you guys like it! Comment! Thanks 4 reading!!!

XOXO

Chapter Four 

Nate:

I sat in the corner of the cafe, near a window and watched the people go by, feeling an urge to drink another cup of coffee, even though I already had three cups already, but who's counting?

Tap tap tap... I tapped the pencil on the flat surface of the table and tried to concentrate on the piece of paper infront of me. It was too hard, I keep on thinking about how Rachelle looked at me yesterday, full of hatred and annoyance. I guess I really hurt her when I left. I didn't notice that my mind was wandering off until Daniel popped himself onto the chair across from mine.

"Yo dude! Wicked fieldwork last month. Burgs sent me to Brazil and man, the babes there are hot!"He whistled and played with the ring on his finger, twirling it around and around. 

Daniel and I started training together two years ago, and we kinda just got stuck together. Like always, Daniel was way too interested in girls than what I had to say.

"Atleast you got to rescue some guy, I have to steal a chip."I hissed, taking a angry sip out of my cup.

"Ooh.You always get those ones. Remember that one where you had to use the hairdryer laser gun? Man, I thought you burned your eyebrows off!"He started laughing his head off. I cleared my throat.

My hand flew to my eyebrows. That was one time, okay?

"Anywhoooo."I looked around then pulled a file out of my bag. 

I pushed the undercover file to him and he furrowed his brows.

"Man, Rachelle Morelle? Like Oil heiress, Rachelle Morelle? The one who knows the next biggest oil mine?"He lowered the volume.

"No, the dog, yes ofcourse Rachelle Morelle."I said sarcastically and then hit the side of his head but he ducked out of the way. He was fast, I can give you that. 

"Man, how are you going to get the chip?"

"That's what I'm trying to figure out!"I exclaimed, sinking back into the seat. 

"Well, don;t you already know her?"

"Yeah, but she hates me now."I muttered.

"Good. Hate is a strong emotion, it can easily turn into love."He grinned. That line was so cheesy, he didn't even notice. 

"Seriously."I said, stirring my drink. 

"Well, you can ask her out.You know, get close to her, then that gives you some time to snoop through her stuff."He suggested, eyeing the waitress a couple of steps away from us. He fluttered his fingertips and smiled at her. 

"Hmm..."I thought about his suggestion. Rachelle must have something in her house that had something to do with the chip, right? I could ask Lydia if I can stay over at her house until the wedding and honeymoon... Hmm... is she going to say yes? She did ask me to stay, and I still haven't replied yet... 

"Snoop? I am not going to snoop through my ex-best friend's stuff."I snapped, leaning closer to him. 

"You were best friends with a girl?" Daniel snorted, giving me a you're such a loser look. 

I gave him a look of death. 

******************

Rachelle:

  I narrowed my eyes and said every bad word I know in my head. I narrowed my eyes and watched Nate drag his black Louis Vuitton luggage into the house. He tried to balance them in his arms, and I wished that he'd trip. I wished that he was struggling. But he had that smirk on his face that was unreadable.

"Need some help?"I sneered and snapped my gum in my mouth. There was so much sarcasm in my voice that you could bathe in it. 

"Nope, I'm good."He said, his voice muffled. He was heading towards the staircase, but he didn't seem to notice it.

I waited until he tripped over the first set of stair, than walked over.

"Oh, watch out for the stairs."I laughed, noticing that he was flat faced on the smooth Italian floor.  

"You don't like me, do you?"He wiped his hands on his pants and down at me, his amazing eyes sparkling with suspicion. 

"You are so observant,"I faked a smile sarcastically, reached up patted his hair and headed up the stairs. 

He smelled like mint and cologne. A delicious combination. 

"Rachelle,"my mom's warning voice came from downstairs. I rolled my eyes then looked down at my mother, who had her hands on her hips in a controlling way. 

"What?"I snapped at her, looking more annoyed than I felt.

"Help Nate with his bags."She commanded.

"No."I said flatly. Gripping the staircase railing. 

"Rachelle Morelle."She said seriously. Wow, she's actually using my full name now? Is that suppose to make me scared or something? "Stop acting like a six-year-old."She added. 

"He's a big boy, I'm sure he can do it himself."I sneered and crossed my arm across my chest and blew out a sigh. 

"Raaaaaaaaaachelle."My mom said again, more slowly this time.

"Fine!"I stomped down and picked up the smallest piece I saw and started to walk upstairs. I didn;t care that I was acting so childish. He deserved it. 

We walked in silence. I looked the other way and tried to ignore Nate.

I noticed that his long sleeved white button-down shirt was rolled up and showed his muscular arm, it left some imagination to me, and my eyes trailed up, noticing that he was looking at me, with his amazingly green eyes and captivating smile. 

I blushed and looked away quickly, but it was too late. He caught me staring.

"I know you like what you see," he leaned in and whispered in my ear arrogantly. 

"Shut up, you jerk!"I laughed and pushed him away, he was laughing too. 

"What?"He demanded, opening a plain white door and I stood there, furious.

"This the the room that's next to mine."I called to him, and then grabbed his collar and yanked him out. 

"Hey,hey watch the shirt, missy."He adjusted his collar and tried to hide his smirk.

"This room is next to mine. I don;t want you here,"I said again, impatiently.

"Aw, "He twirled a strand of my hair. I slapped him away. "That's just too darn bad for you then."

"You.Need.To.Move."I said every word crustal clear, and made sure I looked at him dead in the eye.

"I will,"he said and I sighed in relief. 

"If you you give me a kiss."He added.

"Forget it!"I shoved him into his room and slammed the door shut. 

JERK.JERK.JERK.JERK.JERK.JERK.JERK. I repeated it over and over again in my mind. But I didn't really believe myself. 

I wasn't going to let Nate ruin my life. Again.