The Truth

"I had an older brother."

Shun looked at him, eyes wide and lips slightly parted.

"Isshiki Ikki...he was exiled."

A long and excruciating exhale. He looked at Shun with a weak smile, a distant one, and gave a nod.

"But he came back."

"What?" Satoshi widened his eyes and a hopeful look appeared on his face.

"He saved our dorm."

Satoshi held back a tear.

________________________________________________________________________________

"I'm done from my end."

Satoshi spoke, softly, calmly, and although he was out of breath, he could not rest until he was sure all of the invaders have been dealt with.

He had to protect his dorm, his home.

Furthermore, his amazing underclassmen are in the building, how could he simply let these assholes go? How could he let them get away with even thinking of sabotaging all of his underclassmen's hard work?

No, of course, that won't do. Satoshi needed to make sure they won't ever come back again.

After all, he was their reliable big brother.

Satoshi didn't need them more stressed or more worried. They already had enough on their plate, and from what he knew, they were in the middle of some form of strategic meeting. Also, Shiro and Ringo were busy on their own end. As much as he wanted to be a part of their meeting and lend a hand, he also couldn't turn his head away from threats.

To underhanded sabotages.

"I'm too old for this." Fumio scratched her head and let out a sigh, in her other hand was a bat, now resting on the ground beside her. "To think Nakamura has become like this..." A scowl easily replaced her tired expression, "I really underestimated him."

Satoshi said nothing, only pulled out a towel and handed it to his superior. He didn't want to involve her, but after serious scolding and lengthy explanations of how she's the boss and she can still kick ass (what happened to her saying she's too old?), Satoshi allowed her to fight alongside him.

"Honestly, you young'uns need to stop being so reckless! You're making me lose my hair!"

Then again, it's not like he alone could deal with all the thugs anyway, a backup is always good. He wasn't an expert in martial arts or self-defense after all, nor anything in that matter.

Compared to his brother...this is mediocre.

"Hey, Miss Fumio?"

"Hmm? What is it now?" She turned slightly while she took a sip of her Ryoko's sake.

"What...was my brother like?" Fumio spat out her drink in an instant, and Satoshi actually became worried that he said something offending. Though, he also liked to think that Satoshi never asked about his brother even knowing that his brother lived at the Polar Star Dorm.

Though Satoshi also wouldn't be surprised that his brother was a troublemaker.

"Are you alright Miss Fumio?" The woman coughed as if something bitter went down her throat. "Sorry I didn't-" She laughed.

She laughed.

"Miss Fumio?" She laughed, jolly and free, as if the past hour, the current events and Nakamura's regime never existed, so free and unbending, Satoshi was suddenly jealous.