Plan at Home

It was silent for a few moments, and the little girl seem to contemplate her options. Azami watches closely, her expression shifted from disappointment to hope, to disbelief and finally, to hopelessness.

"Why?"

"Hmm?" She looked at him conflicted.

"Why do you want me to give up...my freedom?"

"I never mentioned that you should give up freedom. I only want your complete loyalty and dedication to Central. To me." And naturally, for her to fully concentrate on his regime, she must give up her other pursuits. She inhaled sharply before she bit her lip.

"There's no other way?"

"No. This is a one-time offer." She turned over her shoulder to briefly look at the First Seat before she turned back.

"I..." Azami waited for her answer with a calm smile.

"I can't do it." Huh? Azami furrowed his brows and laced his hands together on his desk. At that moment, Tsukasa and Azami noted the true difference between the twins.

"What do you mean?" Azami almost hissed at her. Why? Why is she backing away from this? Why? Why? Why?

"I refuse to do the Shokugeki."

The two men were surprised by her refusal. It was unlike her to turn down a chance to save her friends. Especially if her brother was involved.

"Oh? Are you afraid?" She didn't respond. Instead, she balled her hands and looked down.

"Then, do you perhaps not care about Hayama Akira or Yukihira Soma?" The Headmaster persisted, almost amused and annoyed at the same time.

If Yukihira Soma was here...he would definitely take the opportunity and yet...

"One of them will be expelled."

"I know that but..."

"And you are fine with that? I'm surprised." The Headmaster pressed on, irritated at her nonchalant behaviour. "I believe the rewards are high."

"And if I lose, I would lose everything. I...can't give up what I love the most."

________________________________________________________________________________

"Nakamura...senpai?"

Azami looked around at the so-called rebels and easily deemed all of them nothing but third-rate chefs and failures.

Of course, his daughter was the only exception.

He could care less if the head of the dorm did not welcome him, or the fact that every single person in the room hated his guts to the end of the world. Azami certainly did not care if he came in at their mealtime.

How long has it been? Since graduation?

"Erina." His daughter froze upon his call for her and slowly walked towards him. Clearly, Erina has made supportive friends, however, Azami would prefer if she made friends with more established chefs of his own liking. But Azami was not here to force her back. He had to fulfill his side of the deal after all. At least, not yet.

"You're free to do as you like. You do not have to come back if you do not want to."

"Eh?" Erina let out a small whimper as she stared at him bewildered. The dorm followed, with a look of disbelief and shock.

"What do you mean?"

"Saiba Shiro and I have agreed and signed a contract. Where she will stay in your place without taking your title and complete your work diligently." There was a flash of surprise before guilt followed after. Then, a fatherly and benevolent smile appeared on his lips.