11/01/17

Halloween 2017 let on a Tuesday. So the day after was (probably) going to be unjustly awkward.

Usually the conventions fall on Saturdays, Sundays, Mondays and this is exactly why you sorta liked being here. Yesterday was a bit busy but today is definitely going to be different. Your manager kept his word, and has been gone since 7 a.m. So you're here alone until tonight. You could choose to leave early, but that'd just be no fun.

Through a small headache you remember yesterday, and how there were these couples of girls that absolutely flipped out when they connected the dots. You tried to keep your self-description short and sweet without inherently pin-pointing yourself within the entire convention. Lame, yeah, but it's way safer. Plus you get to enjoy your time out without people trying to make you a "thing", as in, taking photos and trying to "expose" your face and all that cal. One would shiver just thinking about it. Good thing you still have those face masks.

There's talk of a party going on, but you feel as if you haven't got a stitch to wear. So you're just sticking to greeting people and trying to talk to the fans you saw yesterday.

-

1:00 PM.

Outside, the hotel hallways. They were pretty clean, this hotel was nice. Lovely pink-ish carpet, the wallpaper needed a bit of work. Had you not thought better, you'd find this place to feel more like the inside of a old castle.

You returned back to the place you remember seeing that guy - Michael? - yesterday. He was.... intresting. You do pride yourself in having such a cool fan that writes and visits you. Something about him just negged you though and it was hard to tell what. Maybe it was the nails in the book. Yeesh, there was this charming little word your friend had dropped on you one day - Fanxiety. That man was definitely going through a bit of that. You glided past the dark stairway, still in your own mind.

Maybe the interaction.. The nails digging in the book, the declaration, the hand off.. the short chat then he touched your hand with his left hand. The nails.. You looked down at yours.

It must've been a coincidence, it had to be. It was still very odd that he had the same nail polish as you. It was pretty light, so it was little to no chance that it was his real nail color.

Peculiar.

-

1:25 P.M.

You were surprised to enter the dining area to be greeted with around 10 people sitting about. You saw a few familiar faces and looked at your cell phone to confirm. Woah.

" Oh hey! You're [Y/A], right?! Cool mask! "

You jumped at the sudden interjection. Gah, word got around fast.

" Hello. "

" Oh hey I love your books! Both were really sad though. " A tall, Medium skin-toned dude piped up, standing from his lean to shake your hand. You reciprocated, however shocked.

" 'Preciate it.. You guys are singers, aren't you? "

" Yeah. I'm Bijinki. Those two over there are Rex and Montague. "

He introduced two other people, One Puerto rican boy and the a pretty dark skin girl with a bobbed haircut. You waved at both, smiling lightly.

" Yeah. I'm not much, but I'm glad to be here. "

" Well, I like your art. When you finish that animation it'll definitely blow up. "

Rex stayed quiet but the girl beside him rested her face in her hands as she mused.

" Thanks, you guys have great voices. I'm going back home later but I'll work on something for Halloween. "

The awkwardness was eating you alive. Nothing here was inherently wrong - it was solely and obviously your nerves.

" Oh shit, that was yesterday wasn't it? " All three shot looks at eachother.

" Yeah. Everyone was in costume right? "

" I mean- I just thought it was cosplay! We gotta get out of here! "

You stared wide eyed as the trio scrambled to get their food and coats up, managing to clean their mess up pretty well.

" Bye [Y/A]!!! " The girl shouted, slipping her shoes back on.

Oh no. You nervously waved, watching them retreat silently. It felt like the entire area went down to 0 decibels.

" Wait, You're [Y/A]?! Come join us! " The remaining people eating inside looked idly.

" Whose that? " Most of the people sitting there were actually in the midst or beginning of eating their meals. It felt like you were interrupting something.

" Hello. I got a little attention over the beginning of the year. Only a few people know me. "

" Ohhh thats right. I seen you in Cartson's retweets earlier. Your art style is crazy. "

" I've never seen you in my life. ."

" Fair. " You shrugged

"-...But from what I hear your pretty talented. I'm Cricket, nice to meet you. "

" Nice to meet you too. I'm [Y/A]. "

3:48 P.M.

You sat where the last of the people once were, staring at the empty dining area. You slid your mask up half-way and reached out to the remaining water bottle you had from earlier and took a drink.

Maybe you should get some food.

You feel alone now. Which isn't bad, maybe a neutral feeling. You cleaned up the rest of their mess and stood up from your chair, the lingering feeling of people who once were dissipating from your body.

~

You got to the hotel later than expected, but it's not the end of the world. You're full and it's nice and warm inside. The mask you had on was holding up pretty well, and wasn't bulky or off-putting like you feared.

You went towards the entrance and was instantly ran into by a couple; both seemingly in the peak of guttural laughter.

" Whew, sorry." A dude with green hair steadied him and his date back up before going to by you less aggressively. You nodded silently, not really angry.

" Hey wait, aren't you that person Layla was talkin' about? "

You stared up at them behind a mask.

" Maybe? "

" Oh yeah, you are! Mask and everything! " The person beside them didn't seem to know you at all, however. " Singer Layla? Friends with them? "

" Yeah, Yeah! She was like 'Hey if you can, look out for someone about ye heigh with a mask on, that's [Y/A], You might enjoy making content together! " He had grasped at your hand a bit too eagerly, shaking it up and down.

" O-Oh. "

" Hey, are you free at 11? It's the last day of Con for a while so they're going to do something. "

You can't believe people were still riding on the high of your fame from 5 or 6 months ago. Nonetheless, you nodded yes - " Sure. "

" Sweet! Layla will flip when she hears you'll be there. "

" I'm sure she will. "

" Later! "

" Goodbyee. " You waved and entered the hotel, regretting putting yourself on yet another scheduled outing. Oh well. It wasn't like you went outside often.

Chapter Management