2/21/17

" I want to go outside. " The comment had been made with little thought put into it. You wished you had been keen. Because right after, his face dropped into an emotionless slate. What one could assume was just the splitting image of emptiness and distress made you halt.

He has given you months of care now, Love, presence.. Everything one could need. Paper, A typewriter, 3 meals - the option for snacks, Alcohol, Drugs, Music, Clothes and Water.. And yet you still yearned to be somewhere else. Did the evenings where you lay paralyzed make you hate him? He wonders... It's only happened one other time, but during that second time, you fell asleep too quickly and, oh he couldn't wait, he needed to finish himself off.

You never looked like you hated him, so why? Were you just nice to him to play with him? Anger bubbled at the simple thought, even so much as the figment of you doing something like that..

It looked like his expression was shifting from thinking to responding, so you felt it was best to make it quicker;

" If I can write outside, I promise you a proper chapter, and all the chapters you'll ever need. " To make the statement less heavy, your hands worked around and even beckoned him closer.

He scratched his head nervously. He's recently gotten a haircut, no longer does this mop of black cascade around his shoulders nor does his face seem to be overcast with hair. Breathing in sharply, he straightened up and strolled over, beside the bed.

" You'll be walking soon. Not walking walking; Forearm crutches? " He tilted his head to the side, rubbing his arm. You knew this, Well you couldn't be bed-ridden forever.

" Thats why I wanted to... Well, ask. I think of sitting outside, and having tea as well. "

Michael sighed lovingly, " That would be so romantic, wouldn't it? "

You popped your mouth and looked down at the empty plate beside you. " Quite - I just think I should be exposed to a little more than an empty room. Nature, maybe even back into the city. "

It seemed like he was getting squeamish - visibly restless at the thought; revolving in his seat and holding himself tightly. He only stopped when you began rubbing his arm. " I'll be alright, you'll be there. "

Throwing his arms over his head, he writhed in silence and spun away momentarily.

" I really don't like thinking about that, " Again, with this ever-present selfishness. You would think as a young boy he was never taught how to share.

" Alright,'Mike, just consider it. Please? " You pressed yourself against his arm for good measure, and watched him lose strength in real time. Another sigh escaped, and he wrapped his arms around you.

" I'd do so much for you, I-I.. "

" Then let me see outside. Let me breathe fresh air. " You drew circles on his chest with a finger, watching his little heart tick just for you. His breathing came a bit faster than normal, and he rested his palm against the one used to touch his chest.

" Please stop. You're doing something to me.. " Though there was nothing pushing him down, he looked restricted. His face was relaxed but hesitant, hair tossed every-which-way to stay out of the eye. You layed with him for a second, him restless, his legs spread to weigh him down. He looked very easy.

" What are you thinking about? "

His breath caught, and he let his head rest back against the pillow on the bed.

" ..Uh.. "

" Do you think about it often? "

" Wha- U-Uhm.. Yyyess.. "