From this Moment...

A/N: I've been writing some other things and with the holidays it's been hard to update and post. So bear with me while I catch up. 😊
——————————————————————————-At this moment he was sitting next to her on the bed watching her eat the food that he'd gotten her. Her laptop was open and they did some research together. There was a lot they didn't know. They had not known much when he'd been in charge of his siblings. But they had learned together.
Emma was so much a part of their lives, just as much as he was.
When they were younger she had promised to help him raise them. He'd told her it wasn't necessary. That at least one of them should have a normal childhood. But she pointed out that she didn't have one anymore.
All they had were each other. That was one of the many reasons why they were parabatai. And why he loved her so much.
Being the kind of guy who always abided by the rules, he had learned from a very young age that he had responsibilities.
Em had always disobeyed rules. Mostly for the right reason. Other times it wasn't.
He had always told himself he would never break the rules and would abide by the Clave's motto 'The law is hard but it is the law.' Thinking about it now he didn't quite care. It was a dumb idiotic rule that tore people apart.
All he had to do was feel Emma near him and he would do anything to be with her and protect her and their family.
Sitting in bed with her he moved her hair out of her face. She was so engrossed looking up all kinds of information about being pregnant and what to expect with each trimester.
There were some things that made her eyebrows quirk up and her eyes go wide. But he held one of her hands in his and she seemed to calm down a bit.
Some time later she had fallen asleep. Her tangled mess of blonde hair lay on her pillow. Making a halo shape. She'd moved closer to him and his arms went around her. If only they could freeze time and stay like this forever.
Maybe there was a rune somewhere that hadn't been discovered yet. There were some in dark magic books that were forbidden. Every time he'd been to the library he would go to the law section and grab the book that he knew by memory by now. With all the times he's read and reread the big book.
All there was to know about breaking the Clave's law and how being romantically involved with your parabatai was illegal and possibly dangerous? But if they were exiled and stripped of their runes, would it really be that bad of a thing? They would be free to live their lives and show everyone that love conquers all. Even if it did sound like a cliche. There were other things to think about too. How would he explain this to his family? He'd practically raised them as his own.
Being a dad to them always. Promising them that he'd never leave them. Why did it have to be so difficult!? If he could go back in time would he stop himself from being her
parabatai? Or would they have been just friends? Would she have ended up with him or Mark? She did have a crush on him when she was little.
If Mark hadn't been taken from them and Helen been allowed to stay. Would he have grown up with a semi-normal life? Emma and him would have remained just friends and she probably would've ended up marrying Mark and being a part of the family for forever.
Could things really have been that different? Was a life where he didn't love Emma possible?
Even imaging it made his heart ache. There was no going back for him. She was his soulmate. They would've found their way to one another eventually. No fate or rule could stop them from being together.
Hearing her lightly snore he was jostled out of his thoughts. One of her hands was on her stomach. As if she were guarding the little pea growing inside her. She was going to make a great mother. And he would do his damndest to be a great father. Together they would love that baby with so much love and care.