Secret's Out

A/N: So sorry that I haven't updated this fic! I've been busy working on another project of mine. So to make up for it, this part is longer. Will update soon!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next morning the sun came in through her window. Feeling the warmth radiate through her. It had been such a long time since she had been able to sleep comfortably. 

Yesterday’s events had started to flood through her head. As a wave came crashing through the ocean.

 So did her memory of asking Jules to stay the night with her.

Internally she groaned. Why had she done that? It must be her hormones. 

She needed to get up and try to sneak away without waking him up.

Looking over to her side she realized that it wasn’t just the sun that kept her warm. It was the fact that she had been lying with Julian. His arm around her waist. Her head was so close to his. If she leaned in an inch...they would be kissing. But she couldn’t.

 They hadn’t talked about what they were now. As much as she wanted to be his and only his, she couldn’t be selfish.

 There were also his feelings. What if he didn’t want her the same way? Was it just him feeling what she felt during that night? Being parabatai and being so connected, their feelings and emotions were intensified. 

What one person felt so did the other. 

Instead of saying the words she so desperately wanted to; she had her right hand free. So she used it to lightly trace on his arm. 

This was something they had always done. Writing invisible letters on each other. He was asleep so he wouldn’t know what she was writing, right?

Tracing the letters ‘Good morning,love.’ on his arm. And there was no delete or backspace button to undo it. Luckily for her he hadn’t stirred.

Releasing the breath that she was holding, she gently slid out of his embrace.

Lightly padding her feet away and to the bathroom to change. And right at that moment she felt a bit light-headed. 

And all the contents of what little she had eaten yesterday, she could feel rise up in her throat.

 Running into the bathroom she hurled over the white marble toilet and wrenched up whatever was left in her stomach. 

“Ugh.” She moaned. Her whole body felt sore and like jelly. 

 These symptoms just kept getting worse and worse.

Looking up these symptoms was the first thing she was doing today. 

Steadying herself she rose up and washed her mouth and rinsed it with mouthwash.

Once she was dressed she headed back to her room. Where a very anxious Jules was and he had a worried look on his face.

“Emma, what’s wrong? And don’t say nothing. I know you better than anyone.”

When he had that look of determination on his face, there really wasn’t any lie she could tell him that he would believe.

“It’s nothing, really. There must’ve been something off with what I ate yesterday.”

She went in search of her boots to put on.

“Em, you hardly ate anything yesterday. And somehow I doubt that water and toast with jelly will make you vomit.”