Panic

"I don't know. It's a weird situation. The potion that was thrown at her is very powerful. And without knowing the exact warlock, it could be nearly impossible to reverse it."
———

There was so much noise and chatter. But that wasn't what she was worried about. Her stomach hurt so much! She wanted to scream out in pain! And tell whoever was there to help her and the baby! God, just save the baby!

Her mind felt so groggy. It was like she was in this dark cloud and couldn't move or speak. Just hear occasional voices around her. Raziel give her the strength to get through this. And make sure her baby was alright and healthy. Jules! She needed her Julian with her! Someone had to have told him, right?

--------------------------------------------------------

His phone rang and he wanted to ignore it and get things ready for Emma when she got to their apartment. He'd picked up some things she might want or need. Including some letters and cards from the kids.
This was the third time the person had called.
"Hello?"
The phone slipped out of his hand. And he ran to the car and headed straight to Magnus's place.

Rushing through traffic had been quite difficult and he'd cursed so many times.
He just had to get there! When Clary had said to rush over there and something had happened to Emma...his whole body went into shock.
How had he not felt anything? Maybe their bond was weakening? With her being pregnant, their bond was weakened. Even more so then before.
Those questions would have to wait. What was most important was getting to her side.
Finally reaching Magnus's place, he rushed out of his car and ran inside.
He pounded on the door and it flew open.
"That wasn't necessary, you know." Magnus said, looking irritated.
"Sorry. I was in a hurr..." And the words died on his lips when he saw her lying there in the living room.
When he reached her he went to his knees and grabbed her hands in his.
"Emma, my Emma please open your eyes."
He smoothed her hair and she stirred but didn't wake.
"What happened!? And why is she in this thing?"
There was a purple glow around her body.
"It's similar to the one my mom was in. It basically keeps your body intact. Kinda frozen in time."
Clary answered. Looking just as worried as he did.
"So what does that mean exactly?"
"When we got attacked at Taki's, Emma had gotten hurt. We were separated in the crowd...and I saw her lying on the ground. I rushed over to her and had Magnus portal us here."
"Yes, and this is all to keep them both safe. Emma's injuries need healing and that means having it be dealt with care and precision. To not harm the baby, the glowing 'shield' if you will, is making sure that happens."
"And Emma was complaining of cramps before we left. So there could be trouble with the baby."
Julian's eyes shot up and he started to panic even more.
"This can't be happening! Things weren't supposed to be this way. Not now!"
"Hey, I know this is hard and things seem bleak at the moment. But that's in our job description.
Doing and seeing the impossible through dark times. When things seem horrible and there's no way out...that's when we're the strongest. And Emma's one of the strongest people that I know."
"She is. And we'll get through this. We have to. This isn't the ending we're going to have."
He kissed her forehead and prayed.