Chapter 11

Chapter 11

~DestaniSmith~

The past few weeks with Maya have been, shall I say, incredible. She has been absolutely amazing.

She was easily amazed by little things like junk food because her father never allowed her to consume sugary things.

"So who is she?" Dustin pressed as we sat on the stairwell of the school's building. School had not started yet and I was chatting with him.

"I can't say yet but she is really nice and we're just talking," I said.

He shook his head,"You know Alison is going to be heartbroken if you date this mystery girl. She has been in love with you since the first time she saw you."

I rolled my eyes at his exaggeration,"I've already set boundaries with her. She knows I'm not intrested."

We didn't hear someone descending the steps,"Boo!" the person said from behind us, causing us to scream. I turned around to see Walter.

"What the f*ck is wrong with you!" I yelled, punching his chest but of course it didn't do anything to him. He was laughing wildly.

"That was great," he howled."I came to inform you guys that there is a new girl and she is h.o.t HOT!"

"So?" Dustin scoffed.

"Of course you wouldn't care if there is a hot girl, you're gay, I was talking to Destani," Walter said to Dustin."No offense."

"You know just because you say 'no offense' doesn't make it any less offensive," Dustin countered."You're a jerk, little nerd."

Walter straightened his glasses and snorted to make a point,"I'm not a nerd." He looked beyond us whispered,"There she is."

I turned to see a girl entering the building. The girl was gorgeous, with long blonde hair, a dress that hugged her waist, and familiar eyes; green, blue and gray.

"Maya?" I asked with a shocked expression. Her striking eyes snapped to me and a smile appeared on her beautiful lips.

"Wait, that's Maya?" Dustin asked, shocked.

"You know her?" Walter asked.

Maya walked over to the staircase and looked relieved to see me,"Destani, I didn't know you go here. I'm starting today."

I haven't seen Maya in a week but she changed. I had never seen her in feminine clothing before.

"N-neither did I," I stammered. I studied her appearance."You look gorgeous." She looked at her outfit like she wasn't aware of how good she looked.

"Yeah, I um put something together," Maya mumbled. She wasn't even wearing makeup, and she still looked beautiful. She's expressed to me that she didn't really know how to use makeup.

"I'm Walter," Walter burst into the conversation. He got in front of her, completely moving me out of the way. I rolled my eyes.

Maya looked surprised and she said,"I'm Maya."

"I w-want to welcome you t-to our school," Walter stammered, struggling to find the proper words.

"I want to welcome you to our school," Dustin mocked, laughing."That's your pickup line?"

Walter shot him a glare and went back to looking at Maya. She was uncomfortable because she still wasn't used to people approaching her.

"Thank you," Maya replied, unsure of what to say.

I hadn't given much thought to Maya's sexuality. Around me, it.seems like she genuinely likes me but right now it occurs to me that she could like boys too.