A Need for Attention

As Jaemin sat down with his history notes and the computer, the video he was supposed to write an essay on pulled up in front of him, Louis came over and curled up on his lap.

"Did you come to watch with me? Hmm?"

Louis refused to respond, or he couldn't verbally because, you know, he's a cat. He did nudge his head against Jaemin's arm, searching for attention that Jaehyun had just refused to give him.

Jaemin dutifully complied, petting the cat as he took notes on the video. If he stopped petting Louis for more than a second, the cat tilted his head up at Jaemin with half glaring half pleading eyes. Then he'd return his gaze to the video when the petting started up again, seemingly watching the video with Jaemin.

Or he was just curious where all the fish were coming from on the screen and why no one was sharing.

Leon must've gotten word that Jaemin's lap was free real estate, or he just got bored of playing by himself in a corner, and jumped onto him too. Keeping his distance from Louis, though. Leon was more on the side of Jaemin's lap than anything.

"Nana, want to join us? We're having ice cream upstairs."

Jaemin paused his video as he gave Johnny an emotionless glance.

"Seriously."

"I was joking. Nah, but for real, want to join us?"

"Who's 'us?'"

As far as Jaemin could see, it was just Johnny.

"Me. Us is me. I don't want to eat alone."

Jaemin sighed, looking down at the cats curled up on him as if he was asking them for their permission to go. Neither seemed happy about the video being paused, and Louis was now nudging Jaemin's hand back onto him.

"Umm... I'm a little busy," he motioned with his free hand at the cats on him, "maybe ask WinWin? I think he's free."

Johnny sulked as he slowly walked up the stairs, looking back once to see if Jaemin had changed his mind. WinWin was busy when he was found, but he instantly set aside what he was doing to go have ice cream with Johnny.

Jaemin was halfway through the video when another interruption came about. This one going by the name of Jeno. With an additional Ten.

"How am I supposed to know what to wear to prom? Jaehyun and Kun are just putting on a button up and looking nice, and I think Doyoung said his Dad was making him wear a suit, but what am I supposed to do?!" Ten whined, throwing himself onto the bed across from Jaemin and propping himself up on his elbow.

"Jeno's no help, so what do you think?"

Jaemin refrained from sighing as he paused the video, ignoring the betrayed looks from the cats.

"What's WinWin wearing then?"

"He said he wanted to be Cinderella, so we'll see. Jungwoo is waiting for me to decide before he does."

"I just don't get why we all can't go." Jeno complained, sitting in front of Jaemin.

"Because we couldn't all go when Taeil first went to prom, and anyone over 18 or in middle school can't go."

"That's stupid."

Jaemin made the mistake of leaning forward to play with Jeno's hair. When he tried to stop, Jeno tilted his head up and pouted until he continued. A less aggressive version of Louis.

"You could wear a dress too, that'd look pretty."

Ten sighed, "I know it would, I'm just not feeling that vibe. The vibe I was feeling wasn't exactly school appropriate, so that's why we have a problem."

"You have a problem." Jeno corrected.

"What vibe were you feeling?"

Ten smirked, "Embroidered black suit jacket and pants with no top underneath."

"Ooh, sexy."

"We know that Nana, that's the problem. Remember?" Jeno deadpanned.

"What about a sheer top underneath? Not the whole vibe, but it'd be school approved."

Ten's eyes lit up. A black sheer would fit the vibe real nice if he added a bit more white to the suit jacket. (Yes, he was designing and embroidering his own outfit)

"I knew you'd be better at this than him." Ten motioned vaguely to Jeno before running back upstairs to finish his design sketch.

Thinking he was finally going to be able to finish his video notes, Jaemin stopped playing with Jeno's hair to continue. That of course made his head tilt back up as his lips formed a pout.

"Hey." He mumbled.

"I can't pet you and Louis while taking notes."

"Well then don't take notes."

Jaemin rolled his eyes as he continued with his video, creating a rotation system with his hands so Louis and Jeno weren't glaring at him and he wasn't missing anything with his notes. Which worked great, actually.

Until Jisung needed help with something.