Chapter 5

'Bright red hair and a pair of grey eyes'

'Felix Robane' 

'A boy aspiring to become a knight'

"Hey you must me Lady Aria right?"

He asked while fiddling with his fingers.

'Cute'

"Yes,yes I am" I answered him

"Okay I'm Felix, I was tasked to escort you"

"Alright"

We walked in an awkward silence towards the ballroom but thank god we were soon there.

Soon the door opened and someone called.

" Apprentice Knight Felix Robane and Lady Aria Blackthorn"

And we went in, the room was huge and in the floor you could see your own reflection looking back.

The maids had truly done a good job.
I walked in and started dancing with a lot of nobles from all across the world.

Some of them I did not even understand but somehow everything turned out great. Until..

"Introducing the Emperor, the empress and the Future sun of Obelia Anastacius!"

In came a tall man with board shoulders.

He wore a suit with a royal cape and on his golden head laid the crown.

Right behind him walked a woman she was fairly tall and had pale skin.

But what stood out was her Curly Ebony Dark Black hair with her Glowing Red Eyes.

'The empress..'

I had never seen her before but when I did I held my breath.

'Why do I have this bad feeling?'

But I quickly discarded it when I saw the person after her. Him. Anastacius walked after his mother.

He looked the same as always, it was a nice outfit but he always wore fine clothing.

His hair was in the same silk back as it always was. But there was something there. A new found confidence I had not seen a few days earlier.

Though I did not know him that well..

Only then did I realize, they had forgotten to mention Claude.

'How could I forget my first best friend I ever made like this?'

I felt ashamed. I waited. But he never came through those big doors that night.

The emperor held a short speech and once again the party's were on.

I went towards the punch and drank some of it. Then I saw it. The most important thing in my life.

'Strawberry cake with almonds!"

I ran towards it and slid a bit to myself. I put it on my fork and was just about to put the delicious cake inside my mouth to feel it melting and warming my insides.

But it never came in my mouth.

Instead a certain prince had eaten it.

'HOW DARE YOU??I SHALL END YOU!?!' I thought utterly destroyed and terrified.

"Your highness?"
I asked as politely as I could while bitting my cheek preventing myself for cursing at him.

"Yes?"
He said and took another bite nonchalantly.

'Seriously?'

"I believe that cake was mine"
He finally looked at me.

"No"

"Huh?"

"It's not yours it's mine"

"But I took it your highness"
at this point I felt like I could explode at any minute.

"Everything in this country is mine meaning the cake is mine"
he said and chewed it.

'Relax don't shout at him don't shout at him'

"This cake is mine and I shall have as much as I'd like"

"That's not fair!"
I ended up raising my voice more than what I wished to.

"Everything in this country is mine and so are you" he suddenly said out of the blue and took my chin.

'A kiss?????'

'Sweet?'

'Wait What?'

He let go of my chin before smirking.
"Delicious eh?"

I blushed and could not respond.
Suddenly he bowed before me.

"Well may I have this dance mi' lady?"
I was entranced by the action that I could not think before I responded.

"Yes"

was all I replied with
And then I took his hand
And we stared our dance

was all I replied withAnd then I took his hand And we stared our dance