Chapter 2

"But Jules, you know I need to get revenge on my parents and you can't stop me. If this mysterious killer is going around and killing others then we can at least try to stop him, or her!"

"Yeah", he said "you're right, I can't stop you, but I can come with you"

"You are kidding right", I laughed shakily.

"Erm..no. Why would I be? I'm your parabatai."

I sighed inwardly. I didn't mind Jules coming but this was my revenge. To get back at those murderers. One thing puzzled me more than anything. My parents were trained shadowhunters, and good ones too. If this killer is still on the loose, he, or she wouldn't be easy to take down.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I pulled on my black boots and tiptoed to the training room of the Los Angeles institute. It was 5am and I couldn't go back to sleep. I opened the door slowly and gasped.

In the middle of the room, painted onto the shining wooden floor in blood, was a message:

IF YOU THINK YOU CAN ESCAPE FROM ME, YOU SHOULD THINK AGAIN. I AM COMING.

I heard a door slam along the landing and I turned, breathing hard. The blood only looked a few minutes old. The killer could still be in the institute.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys! Sorry for not updating in a while... I've already started the next chapter though! Remember to like comment and vote:)! Thanks😊 - C