Chapter 6

"Where are we going?" I asked Jace.
"To a Clave meeting. They need you to repeat the attack on the Los Angeles Institute and what happened in your dream."
I nodded, and we strode out of the Institute, the sudden brightness blinding me. Cars zoomed down the streets and cafes full of late risers were dotted around.
"Where's Jules? Is coming too?"
"He's already in Idris," he replied,"to bad you woke up so late" he grinned.
I remembered what Izzy had told me about Jace hiding his emotions. When I thought about it, I could see the worry in his eyes and the tension in the way he looked around, searching for any attackers. Even his smile looked painful. Sebastian had killed his his half-brother, I thought, and Clary was in danger again. He lead us down an abandoned alleyway, took his stele out, and drew the portal rune. He beckoned that I should go first. I stepped through the portal, and felt the pressure and spinning swallow me. I closed my eyes, willing myself not to be sick. With a thud I landed on a stone floor, and pain spiked up my knees. I looked up. We were in Idris.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hadn't been to Idris since the battle 5 years ago. This place held bad memories for Jules and I, but I found myself admiring the Adamas buildings and witchlight. I had missed it. Jace landed next to me in a graceful crouch, his hair only slightly ruffled.
"Come on, we're late," Jace said, jogging off.
I followed him, weaving through the streets that I had come to know so well. I thought back to the battle, Shadowhunters and Fay falling and dead, blood staining the floor. Jules' father was killed 5 years ago, though it was still raw in our minds. We burst through the doors, gaining the attention of the council.
"Sorry, we got a little held up," Jace said, addressing the Consul with a nod.
Consul Goldfeather nodded and gestured for us to sit. I slid into my seat and turned my attention to the Consul.
"We are gathered today to address our most fatal problem yet: the return of Jonathan Christopher Morgenstern."
Unrest stirred around the audience.
"Already has he begun to strike. Demon attacks have been happening frequently, and something much stranger is stirring. Something similar to the automatons of the 19th century. And they all tell us the same: I serve Lord Sebastian in his quest to save mankind. We will be hearing from Emma Carstairs of the Los Angeles Institute, who experienced one of these attacks." The Consul beckoned me over to the podium, and I made my way there, my hands shaking.
"Um, hello everyone. As you know I'm Emma Castairs. Sebastian's 'automaton' attacked my Institute a couple of days ago. I, uh, saw a message in the training room painted with blood. It said if you think you can escape from me, you should think again. I am coming. I heard a door slam and I followed the noise. It lead me to the library. I saw it looking through the books in the magic section. It didn't notice me until I jumped onto it and asked who it was. Jules tried to stab it with a seraph blade, but it shattered. Only mundane blades would work on it. I killed it. That's all there is."
The audience was silent. Thinking I had done something wrong, I blushed.
After a few seconds, the Consul told me to sit down again.
"Thank you, Emma Carstairs, your information will prove extremely useful."
The rest of the meeting was about battle plans and tactics. None of them would work. Sebastian is too clever. How did he resurrect? Surely it was impossible? Sebastian was back, and now Clary was in danger. Everybody new he was after her. Slowly, a plan began to form in my head.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys! Hope you liked this chapter! If you want us to improve or change anything just comment:). Vote and follow!!! Thank you all so much for reading this☺️.
- C