1. Second Chance

(Disclaimer this is book two, book one is called 'secrets.' I recommend going to read that first to get a better understanding!)

"Wait so let me get this straight, you two are dating again?" Mina asked looking between Kaminari and Shinso. Shinso and Kaminari had just been released from the closet Midoriya had locked them in. He had good intentions in trying to help them figure out a misunderstanding but there were better ways he could have gone about things. "But didn't Shinso's cheat on you? Why in hell would you forgive him for that?"

"Mina, calm down, it was a misunderstanding," Kaminari told her.

If Kaminari wasn't busy trying to explain things to Mina, Sero, and Kirishima, Kaminari probably would be on a death hunt for Monoma. The beta was definitely not on good terms with the omega now after what he did.

"You saw him kiss another guy, I don't see how that could be a misunderstanding," Sero said looking skeptically at Shinso who wasn't sure what to do. Kaminari's friends had been clear about their distaste towards the alpha after the incident, even Bakugo was colder than usual.

"Look it's complicated," Shinso said gaining a glair from Mina and Kirishima telling him to stop talking. Shinso put his hands up in defence and stopped talking. The last thing he needed was to get into a fight with one of them.

"He was being mind-controlled by Monoma," Kaminari told them.

"And you believe that?" Kirishima asked.

"I- yes I do," Kaminari told them he didn't sound 100% convinced, but it was close. "Look, I just want to put the past behind us, ok? Can we agree never to talk about it again?"

Kaminari's friends shared a look. None of them liked this, they didn't believe Shinso, and for the most part, they thought Kaminari was only believing him because that's what he wanted to be true.

"Ok, fine," Kirishima said.

"Whatever," Mina added. "But if you hurt him again, I swear to whatever god is out there that I will hunt you down and whatever fate you encounter will be ten times worse than hell."

"Ok Mina, dial it back a little," Sero said pulling Mina back a little so she didn't try to attack Shinso right then and there.

She shrugged Sero's hand off her shoulders and walked away, giving Shinso a long and cold death glair.

Kirishima and Sero followed both still unsure of how to feel about their friend's relationship.

"Well, that went... well?" Shinso said scratching the back of his head.

Kaminari sighed and looked down. "They don't believe you," Kaminari said. "I thought they would believe you Hitoshi."

Shinso noticed how Kaminari wasn't using the nickname he had given him. When they first started dating Kaminari had nicknamed Shinso 'Toshi' it seemed to be about his favourite thing to call the alpha. Maybe subconsciously Kaminari wasn't sure if he believed the alpha either. After all, he had seen him kissing Monoma with his own eyes, he hadn't seen Shinso yelling at Monoma after, or any of that.

"They'll come around," Shinso said resting a hand on Kaminari's shoulder.

"I hope they do," Kaminari muttered before looking up at the alpha. "I just want things to be normal again," Kaminari said. "And I want to yell at Monoma, but he's not here right now so that's not gonna happen."

Shinso let out a small laugh. "I think I've yelled at him enough for the both of us," he said.

"Ya but I still have some very creative words I would like to call him to his face," Kaminari muttered.

"Anyway, now that I've gotten my boyfriend back, we should do something," Shinso said putting his arms around Kaminari's waist. It was nice being able to hold him again.

"Like a date?" Kaminari asked doing his little head tilt thing that Shinso loved.

"Yes a date," Shinso said.

Kaminari smiled a little and let his hands travel around Shinso's neck. "Where to exactly?"

"Umm I don't know, we could go to the movies, or walk through the park?" Shinso suggested.

"You're so cliché," Kaminari said with a laugh.

"What's wrong with cliché?" Shinso asked.

"You gotta whoo me now, make up for lost time," Kaminari said with a small smirk on his lips.

Shinso loved it when he smirked. It almost always meant he had something planned and usually it was some trick or prank. "Ok..." he said trailing off slightly. "How about you go hang out with your friends and I'll figure something out, something that's gonna whoo you."

"Really? Already getting rid of me? It hasn't even been an hour."

"I'm not getting rid of you, I'm simply giving myself some time to come up with the best date ever," Shinso said pulling back from Kaminari a little and letting his hands fall on his waist instead of his back.

Kaminari's hands fell onto the alphas shoulders and he cocked an eyebrow. "Best date ever eh? I guess I should give you a little time to prepare."

"Exactly," Shinso said still smiling.

"So I guess I'll go talk with Mina and Kirishima, come get me when this date is ready," Kaminari said leaning up and kissing his cheek.

"Of course I will," Shinso said kissing his forehead.

Kaminari smiled and ran off to find his friends.

And now for Shinso to come up with an amazing date idea. This would not be very easy given his time limit, but he didn't care. He wanted to show Kaminari that this was not a mistake giving him a second chance.

(published Jan 1, 2021)