2. The Best Date

"Can I look yet?" Kaminari asked as he walked blindly where Shinso was leading him.

"Not yet," Shinso said moving Kaminari so he didn't run into a tree. "But we're almost there."

"And you're not telling me where we're going?" Kaminari asked turning his head so it was facing in the direction of Shinso but that didn't stop the fact that he couldn't see.

"Nope," Shinso said popping the p.

"And what are we doing in the forest?" Kaminari asked.

For a second Shinso was surprised he had figured that out and then he realized that the sound of the crunching leaves under their feet gave it away.

"You'll see," he said. "Just stop asking questions."

"Right," Kaminari said. Shinso had a feeling Kaminari just rolled his eyes at him.

There was another minute of walking before Shinso stopped them both. "Ok we're here," he said untying Kaminari's blindfold.

"Let's see what you've done for 'the best date ever,'" Kaminari said jokingly as he took the blindfold off.

It took him a moment for his eyes to adjust to the light but soon he was able to take in the setup.

There were fairy lights strung up in the trees lighting the small clearing. A blanket and a few pillows were set up. There were a speaker and one of those cliché picnic baskets that Kaminari assumed had their dinner in it.

Kaminari couldn't help but laugh.

"What's so funny?" Shinso asked with a bit of a nervous laugh of his own.

"You're so cheesy," Kaminari said smiling brightly. "I love it," he said pulling Shinso down kissing him on the cheek quickly before pulling him over to the pillows. "So what have you planned for this 'amazing' date?"

Shinso sat beside Kaminari and pulled out his phone to play some music. "You'll just have to wait and see," the alpha said with a small smirk on his lips happy to see that Kaminari liked it. "You hungry?" He asked as he pulled the picnic basket in front of them.

"Very," Kaminari said with a smile. "What'd ya bring?" The omega asked looking over his boyfriend's shoulder to look in the basket.

"Food," Shinso joked. "Just some sandwiches and fruits and stuff like that." He would have brought something better but Shinso was not much of a cook and it's not like Bakugo would help him make anything, the blond alpha was a pain even on his good days.

"Yum!" Kaminari said with a smile. He didn't have the words to express how happy he was to be with Shinso again.

Shinso took the food out of the basket and placed it in front of them. "Hope this counts as an amazing date," Shinso said handing Kaminari a sandwich.

"Any date with you is amazing," the omega said with a bright smile.

"Look who's being cheesy now," Shinso joked.

Kaminari playfully pushed his shoulder away. "Oh shut up, you were cheesy first," Kaminari said with a laugh.

"Says the one who wrote me a letter to confess," Shinso joked leaning in slightly.

"I only had to write that letter because you sprung the question on me so suddenly and I said something stupid!" Kaminari exclaimed, his face going a little red as he remembered what happened when Shinso first asked him out.

Kaminari had been so surprised that he just said 'sorry' and ran away. He wouldn't talk to Shinso for three days in fear that the alpha hated him after that. Of course, it all turned out fine, Kaminari agreed to a date and was very happy he did.

"You're so cute when you get flustered," Shinso said with a smirk.

"I-I'm not flustered, I'm just-" Kaminari didn't know what it was. "You're being embarrassing Hitoshi," Kaminari said turning his head away and crossing his arms.

Shinso noticed the absence of his nickname. "I'm sorry Denki," Shinso said leaning over to Kaminari and wrapping his arms around the pouting omega. "Don't be upset with me."

Kaminari didn't look at Shinso, though there was a smile playing on his lips. "Are you going to keep being embarrassing?" Kaminari asked.

"I don't know," Shinso said placing a few playful kisses along Kaminari's neck. He could tell Kaminari was holding in a laugh, it usually tickled when Shinso kissed lightly kissed along his neck like that. "I think it's cute, not embarrassing."

Kaminari finally turned his head back to Shinso meeting him eye to eye. "Well, it's embarrassing to me."

"Are you sure?" Shinso asked leaning in a little more.

Kaminari lent up to kiss him. "Yes," he said.

Shinso kissed him again. "Really?" He asked between their lips.

Kaminari just hummed, too distracted by the sensation he was feeling on his lips to care about the conversation they were having. It had been so long since they had kissed like this, too long in Kaminari's books. He missed the taste of Shinso's lips. Slightly minty but somehow also sweet.

Of course, this was when his mind decided to remind him that the alpha he was kissing had kissed Monoma. Images of the scene flashed through his head and he pulled away from Shinso.

The alpha looked at him a little confused. "Are you ok?" He asked noticing how distant Kaminari seemed all of a sudden.

"Y-ya, I just- ya I'm fine," Kaminari said unconsciously scooting away about an inch.

Shinso knew he wasn't, just a second ago he was smiling and laughing and now he's... not. "You can tell me," Shinso said raising a hand to cup one of Kaminari's cheeks.

Kaminari was silent for a while and wouldn't make eye contact. "Did... did you like it when he kissed you?" Kaminari asked. "Monoma I mean."

Shinso was almost shocked to hear this. Kaminari had wanted to put that all behind them and never talk about it again. "What? No!" Shinso said using both his hands to turn Kaminari's hand and make him look him in the eyes. "Of course I did not, I hated every second of it, I nearly punched him just for doing that."

"You should have," Kaminari muttered still not making eye contact with the alpha.

"Denki, look at me," Shinso said his voice had a very small edge to it that made Kaminari look up. "I hated it, and if I had known what was going to happen I would have never gone out there with him in the first place, got that?"

Kaminari nodded his head, "ya, got it."

"Good," Shinso said letting go of his face. "You know I had to rinse my mouth out with mouth wash about 10 times before I finally got the taste to go away," Shinso said making Kaminari laugh a little. "He's a terrible kisser by the way."

"Good to know," Kaminari said smiling again.

"How about we eat now? You said you didn't want to talk about what happened anymore."

"Ya sounds good to me," Kaminari smiled up at the alpha.

(Published Jan 8, 2021)