V

Pain.

Unadulterated pain was what Etherious felt in those moments. It was as if his body was being ripped apart with small, blunt knives, digging into his flesh and tearing off anything, and everything. He couldn't scream, couldn't cry, but tried to breathe. Blood gargled at the tip of his throat and expanded his lungs. He couldn't breathe. His body was being crushed and it. Just. Won't. Stop.

Help.

In muted agony, tears fell from his eyes, hacking, coughing, Natsu made a silent plea for help. It almist felt as if he was being dissected and put back of together-

A calming light washed over him, and Natsu found the pain subsiding ever so slightly. Until he was met with pitch black again. He felt his back made contact with a hard surface that left him gasping for breath.

"Fuck." He rasped out, the soreness in his muscles made it even difficult to shift. Natsu bit back a cry upon feeling his right arm, he couldn't move it.

Voices surrounded him, trapping him as he grew dizzy. He cracked his eyes open a little, noting how his temples throbbed. But he was met with a blur.

He began to panic, he couldn't move his body, he couldn't see. So Natsu did the only thing he could do.

He screamed, his vocal chords complaining from the excess pain.

"-TSU!"

"...HELL-"

He barely registered the pair of feet slowly inching towards him(and he was certain they were feet- for it could not be anything else). His eyes were closing slowly, he let it. Too tired to fight, too weak to bear the pain.

And as his life slowly drained away from him, he could only mutter one word.

"...What?"