I

Etherious Natsu Dragneel hated attention.

The unsettling gazes of nameless people peering at his body and examining his every move and diction was unsettling. The fact that wherever he went, he will always be watched left shivers down his spine.

It was so horrible that he could never go out without his hoodie and ear pods. They were the only things that kept him sane in this fast paced, lonely world. He supposed that he was overreacting a little bit. Just a little bit.

But could you honestly blame him?

His thoughts were interrupted with a harsh shove to the side. Impassive green eyes came face to face with a honey coloured gaze and golden hair. Her face had a look of astonishment, her group of friends slowly turning to face him. He immediately recognised who it was.

Lucy Heartfilia.

The dream student. The perfect child. Someone who was adored not only by his school, but the entire business world. She was smart, quick witted with a strong fist. On top of that she was kind and a really social girl.

Everything he was not.

Quietly he slipped away from the group of students. His eyes not daring to meet hers. "Sorry," he muttered before dashing down the hall, disappearing into the crowd of students. Their curious gazes forever burning the back of his head, making him much more jumpy than usual.

Oh how much he hated school.