ii. Bad Wolf

Previously:

All of the housemates are called back to the sofa. The TV pops back on with the eye logo, stars swirling around behind it.

Computer – The Doctor and Galaxy: you have broken the House Rules. Big Brother has no choice but the evict you both. You have ten seconds to make your farewells, and then we're going to get you!

"That's more like it!" the Doctor laughs, jumping up and pulling me over to the door.

"Ha. Quickest people to ever get evicted," I laugh.

"Come on, then! Open up!" the Doctor calls, knocking on the door while bouncing up and down.

"You two are mad! It's like you want to die!" Lynda follows us.

"Nah, we'll be fine," I smile.

"I reckon they're plants!" Strood calls from the sofa. "They were only brought in to stir things up!"

Computer – The Doctor and Galaxy: please leave the Big Brother House.

The door slides open and the Doctor and I rush in, waiting patiently. "Come on, then! Disintegrate us!" the Doctor shouts. "Come on! What are you waiting for!?"

Computer – Eviction in five... four... three... two... one...

"Ha! We knew it!" I cheer at the sound of the room powering down.

"You see?" the Doctor beams. "Someone brought us into this game! If they'd wanted us dead, they could've transmatted us into a volcano!"

"They want us alive!"

"Maybe the security isn't as tight this end," the Doctor mocks. "Are you following this? We're getting out!"

"And when we find my sister and our friend and be sure, we will find them," I yelled, glaring at the camera. "We're coming to get you!" I mock.

The Doctor aims his sonic at the other door in the corridor and it clicks, sliding open. Then, the door leading back into the House opens as well. Lynda pops her head through, her eyes widening.

"Come with us," the Doctor offers.

"We're not allowed!" Strood shouts.

"Stay in there and you've got a fifty-fifty chance of disintegration," the Doctor retorts. "Stay with me and I promise: I'll get you out alive. Come on!"

"No, I can't... I can't," Lynda shakes her head.

"Lynda, you're sweet," I smile. "But from what I've seen of your world... do you really think that anyone vote for 'sweet'?"

The Doctor holds out his free hand to her and after a moment, Lynda runs in and grabs it.

Now:

The Doctor, Lynda and I step into the corridor but I see the Doctor frowned. "Hold on... we've been here before," the Doctor says pulling me into the middle of the room. "This is Satellite Five!" he realizes and we walk over to the lift, him scanning it with the sonic. "No guards... he comments.

"That makes a change," I mutter.

"You'd think a big business like Satellite Five would be armed to the teeth," the Doctor murmurs, letting go of my hand to test the walls with his sonic.

"No one's called it Satellite Five in ages, it's the Game Station now," Lynda cuts in. "Hasn't been Satellite Five in about a hundred years..."

The Doctor checks his watch. "One hundred years exactly," he tells us, nodding. "It's the year two-zero-zero/one-zero-zero."