. t h i r t e e n .

taeyong was melancholic as he exited his own pad. he was like that, the same as he's always been since that day jaehyun disappeared. he grabbed his long thick coat and made his way out. even his walk was slow and unenergetic.

up to this day, he still wished for jaehyun. jaehyun's presence was all he longed for.

outside the apartment building, it was jolly. the snow was white and kids played through it throwing snowballs at each other. he smiled softly as the children laughed. he liked kids.

at this time of the month and year, there was no stripper in the club. drinks are served but the strippers are not present to perform. taeyong, instead, replaced jaehyun as the bartender. although he still remembered the man, he went with it and pushed through his emotions.

since he was out of work in the morning, he decided to pass by the old coffee shop where jaehyun used to work. he doesn't get why but something inside him told him to visit the place at this very moment.

he entered the almost empty shop and sat at the same corner that jaehyun took him to. he blew on his palms and rubbed them together to create friction. he was getting hungry and he decided to eat the same breakfast food that jaehyun ordered for him. he stood up from the booth and walked to the counter.

maybe i just wanna be reminded of jaehyun at this day. he thought.

"i saw you behind the kitchen door multiple times. so? will you make me your best coffee?" again with the grin. jaehyun thought he looked like a child. a cute one.

"it's not my shift, taeyong." jaehyun said and he just sat in front of the man. he took a look at the menu plastered on the walls.

"i'll just order for you instead. i promise you'll like it." jaehyun said as he grinned before standing up to walk down the counter.

when jaehyun came back, he had two white mugs and two plates of breakfast food--belgian waffles and grilled cheese on a tray.

"wow you got it so fast." taeyong said.

"i work here. i get the perks." jaehyun sat down and gave taeyong one of the plates. "we get to know each other and we share both of these." he smiled with dimples coming out of his cheeks.

as he ate his grilled cheese, he glanced at the glass beside him. he watched the kids play with snowballs, making tiny snowmen and trying to taste the snow itself. he laughed as he remembered he used to do that when he was a kid.

behind a tall tree near the children, he saw a tall figure. it was quickly gone as soon as he laid eyes on it and so he didn't get the chance to know who it was. but he was certain that it was looking at him.

he furrowed his eyebrows and continued eating in peace.

hi friends were nowhere to be found because they're either going back home to their hometowns for a christmas visit to their family, or they're out buying presents at the local shopping mall.

taeyong chose to spend the christmas alone since his friends weren't going to be with him.

ten and johnny were going to ten's family in thailand. yuta and sicheng were having the christmas vacation somewhere they haven't visited in korea yet. lucas was celebrating christmas in hong kong and jungwoo went back home to his family.

the kids, on the other hand, were back to their families for the holy night. basically the one left to celebrate chirstmas with him was him and him alone.

it's 2 nights till christmas and his friends were already gone. he was going to spend his christmas nights alone for the next 2 weeks since they weren't going to be back until after new year. this was going to be a long and lonely ride for him.