2

It was chilling. All the undead eyes trained on me. Was I really going to school with vampires ? Hye-Ae only brought me with her. I assume my father has already met the VC. "Hye-Ae, why did you bring me ?" She gave me a smile. "You should get familiarized with everything. You'll be attending school here, Gene." I scoffed, "It's Engene to you."

           Hye-Ae gave a nod before I noticed a portrait of Hye-Ae. "You're a teacher ?" I was shocked to say the least. She seemed amused by my attitude. "Yes I am. Why is that a shock ?" She was calm & collected. It was unnerving. "That just isn't my Dad' usual type." Hye-Ae' red eyes glared at me. "Get used to it. I already married him, Engene." 

                           I was silent the rest of the time she spent showing me around. I was already annoyed by the VC' rules. Vampires sure are pretentious.

Rule #1: Always use the Seoul Blood Bank. Never drink from a human without consent. 

Rule #2: Keep human visitors to a minimum. Especially when it becomes "Hunting Season".

Rule #3: No clubbing. Trivial mundane practices as these can lead to issues for the Colony. 

Rule #4: Human family members must be careful & abide by the preset rules during "Hunting Season".  As well as, maintain vampire family members within household walls.

Rule #5: Breaking any of these aforementioned rules will lead to strict punishment from the VC.

        There were few rules, but they were taken seriously by the VC & the Colony. I honestly found them pointless. If socializing was so mundane, how do vampires communicate ? Why did Hye-Ae feel threatened by what I said about my father' type ? How was my mother doing ?

                         I had many questions. Once home I video called Eun-Min. "How is it ? Is it as spooky as everyone says ?" She was referring to the rumors that Vampiric Corner was just a giant cemetery. "Sure, Minnie. I am dying as we speak." She laughed. "You don't seem excited. Is Hye-Ae that bad ?"

                I sighed cuddling my stuffed animal. "She's been great. She's so nice it is making me feel bad." Minnie looked shocked. "Why would you feel guilty ?" I sheepishly smiled, "I told her that she isn't my father's usual type because she is a teacher." 

              I ended our call when my Dad knocked on my door. I'm sure Hye-Ae had told him what I had said to her. "Hey, Kiddo. Can we talk ?" I motioned for him to sit. He had yet to let his anger show. "I know this was a big change, Gene..." I sighed. This again ? I wasn't a baby. "I didn't want this change, Dad. You can't make me like it here or Hye-Ae."

               Dad looked exhausted, I admit Hye-Ae hasn't given me any reason not to like her. But I also admit that she wasn't my mother & I hated the rules here. "At least give your first day at the academy a try, will you ?"

            Why must I make an effort for him ? Why does he insist that I make this work ? I rolled my eyes standing up, "Get out. I'm done talking about this."

             Once alone I locked the door. I know he really wanted to make this work. Will it though ? I was knocked out of my thoughts to check my texts. It was a singular text from Eun-Min.

          It read:  Sneak out. I'll pick you up a mile outside of Vampiric Corner.

What was Eun-Min up to ?