Chapter 2: Her Attraction

From that moment on, Jaime turned her weekly night walks into everyday things. They continued to talk for a month when the pack got suspicious. They got suspicious of Jaime because she didn't smile, they all knew that! They all knew her as the weakling with the blank face. To say they were shocked when they would catch Jaime smirk or shake her head while giving a small breathy laugh would be an understatement.

The most suspicious were her older brothers, who had become joining betas, and her supposed mate, the alpha, Leon. They had always tried to spy on her thoughts because of the mind link, but she had effectively blocked everyone out. And once they even ordered the guards to look out for her when she leaves.

They had no success because Jaime had a special route for her night walks. That way no one could find her special places. By the second month, Jaime had begun to snap at less people. She just kinda ignored them and on her breaks, because they thought that maybe if she had breaks she would go to her special place, she would daydream and sometimes she would have a tint of pink on her cheeks and the corners of her lips would barely move up.

Everyone was surprised when this happened. It was rare and someone, a young boy that didn't really pay much attention, said that she looked kind of... Cute? He even went as far as to take a picture. They wanted to immortalise the day she actually showed some type of emotion. While daydreaming, Jaime's dreams varied. From cute and adorable to very... Heated dreams. Those were the daydreams that got her blushing and working harder. The harder she worked, the less work there would be meaning more time to spend with Delilah. Like her blushing episodes, those daydreams were rare. Most were daily situations. There was one dream that stuck out the most. And it occurred often.

She would be walking in a cherry blossom tree forest. Pink little petals were floating everywhere. The scent of cinnamon and cherry blossom wafted into her nose. She knew at that second, that it was her beloved angel. Delilah. Delilah, who looked fairly older than in the present, was wearing her usual flowy, rosey pink, dresses. Of course, they all had some type of lining of ruffles. Jaime wasn't the biggest fan of bright colours but she loved to see them on Delilah. She knew she loved Delilah. It was love at first sight. She knew it was impossible, but she thought that maybe, just maybe, Delilah could be her mate. She knew from the first glance, hell... even the first smell, that Leon Sentineil, was most definitely NOT her mate. She didn't get butterflies in her stomach like she was supposed to. While being with Delilah, that was a different story. She felt a tsunami of every living thing on earth. She felt... happy... yeah that's what she felt. She took joy in Delilah's presence. She felt overjoyed with the very mention of her name or the thought of her. But it was wrong. A girl or boy could not have a mate of the same gender. It was impossible. Well... In the werewolf community it was. But Jaime just felt a connection between her and Delilah.

In this reoccurring dream, Delilah would be in her usual dress, but there was a big round bump, and a child, such a beautiful child, would be running up to Jaime as she yelled happily," Momma! I love you!" Then she would turn to Delilah and ask her when her little brother would be born from Mommy's tummy. And Delilah always said soon. This dream was the best dream that Jaime ever had. She dreamed of having a family with Delilah. Then Jaime would walk up to Delilah and hug her and bend down on one knee and kiss her stomach. And she would always feel a kick. The kick of her and Delilah's child. And she would tear at the eyes. She was so happy. Then Delilah would tell her to stand... And kiss her. Just as she's about to kiss her, she would wake up. That's how it usually went.

Then one day, she had woken up from her reoccurring dream that always left a smile on her face, to Leon, Jasper, and Nathan all in her small room just staring at her. "May I help you three?" She asked with a raise of her eyebrows. "Who are you going to see? Where are you heading each night? And why have you been... Smiling?!" At the last question, Jaime couldn't help herself but to chuckle... Uncontrollably! She just couldn't help it! Her brother, Jasper, was being very funny. Her brothers' and her mate's mouths were hanging right open. They had never seen such an... endearing sight.