Chapter 7: Why are you even here?

(A/N: hey guys! It's Madox10X here! Now sorry I haven't updated in a while, but no one comments so I don't get any motivation to do anything. But I decided I'm just gonna update when I feel like it. So here is the next chapter!)
------------------------------------------
"Why are you so surprised? I thought Delilah informed you." Nathan looked at him with those same blue-green eyes that said sorry to him a thousand times over a Skype call. James still shouldn't handle all of this at once. He felt a tug on his white, rolled up sleeve. He looked down to see Delilah looking up at him with worry in her eyes. She's never seen him like this before and it shocked her to the core.

James began to shake and his breathing got heavier. "James? James?!" He heard a voice and blacked out for a second then saw he was on the floor with Delilah and Nathan over him. "JAMES!" Delilah was so worried and so was Nathan. This was strange, even for James.

"James! I order you to get up!" James immediately stood up at the command his master gave him. He rolled down his sleeves, grabbed his black blazer and put it on, and took deep breaths. When he had calmed down, he opened his eyes and turned to Delilah and bowed. "I apologise. I acted in a way that was not suitable. Please forgive me m'lady." He waited until he felt a hand rubbing his hair. "It's fine James. Please don't act that way again, I was worried." You could hear the worry in Delilah's voice. "I promise." James stood back up. "Should I make beverages and snacks for our guests," he turned to the four men standing there and smiled. Delilah made a 'yes' noise and he went to the double doors and disappeared.

When Delilah was sure he wasn't there, she turned to the men. "Well that turned out better than I imagined." The unknown male, who's name was Eli, looked to her and asked,"What did you expect?" Leon, Jasper, and Nathan listened with interest. "I actually expected him to either tear you to pieces, it's his specialty," Delilah added when she saw the fear on Eli's face," go one a rampage and kill everyone, or he would have hugged Nathan and dismissed you three. I honestly didn't expect that. He's never done that." She looked at the spot where James had collapsed. She sighed. Delilah perked back up and turned to the men. "Let's go. My butler must be done making tea and sandwiches." She started to walk. Leon called out to her. "Jaime can't possibly be done! It's been 10 minutes!" Delilah turned around and giggled. "Oh you'd be surprised by my butler. And his name is James." With that, she walked away with the men hot on her heels.

They were all down in the dining room. There was an assortment of foods and beverages. Foods from all over the world. There was Chinese, Mexican, Indian, everything! The four men, even Nathan, stood still in place in complete shock. James had managed to make about three weeks worth of food in 10 minutes. Delilah went up to four plates and picked one up. She went to grab a fork, spoon, and knife. She put fruit salad, a half of a steak, and a dinner roll. She then sat down at the head of the table. Nathan soon followed in her actions but with bigger portions of food. Soon Jasper, Leon, and Eli followed as well. They ate in a tense atmosphere. Nathan, Eli, and Delilah had small talk and so did Jasper and Leon.

Half an hour later, they had finished and Delilah called for James. James came in with a tray that had brownies in them. Delilah squealed in delight and grabbed the tray. Since they were freshly made, the tray was still hot. Delilah let out a cry and dropped the tin, making the guests jump. "Lady Delilah!" James ran to her aid and kneeled on one knee. He kissed her palms, her fingers, and then her lips. She sniffled and looked at him. "Is the pain gone?" James asked with worry seeping out with his words. His face was etched in worry and you could see it in his eyes. Delilah smiled at him and sniffled. "Yes. The pain is gone." She wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him. "Thank you for the magic spell." James laughed and hugged her back. "Your welcome. You really must be more careful. What would you do without me?"

The men each had different emotions about the situation. Nathan was happy that James was finally doing something that made him happy. Eli didn't know much but he thought it was cute how they worried for each other. Jasper was uncomfortable about it. Leon was afraid to admit it to himself, but he was jealous of Delilah. She had Leon's mate to herself. It didn't matter that Jaime was now a guy. She, rather he, was still Leon's mate. But they all shared a thought. They could all feel the unrequited love in the air. It was strong. James' feelings were quite true and undeniable. James was in love with Delilah.