THE NIGHT GUY The Demon Prince - Runaway Part 1

============================================ 

THE NIGHT GUY: The Demon Prince 

by: reader27® 

============================================

CHAPTER TWO - Runaway Part 1

"You have to marry her... for the power, for us. And you're my only son." A tall handsome man turning around to face a younger version of his, having a jet black hair, muscled, and tan body, that the older man referred to as his son.

"Power, didn't we have enough of that? You're the High King of Encantasia!" the younger man answered back clearly disapproving of the idea of marriage.

"Yes, I'm the High King but I soon be leaving this throne, and in order to do that you have to marry King Gorgone's daughter, Princess Lianna. And with that not only I can take a rest but our clan will be stronger getting more dominance on this land."

"But I don't like her! I don't even love her. I want to be tied to someone I love, someone that shares my interests with, and someone that will not only want to be with me because I'm the next in line High King of this land."

"Love? It doesn't matter to me. You'll marry her no matter what happens. You will because I said so and because I'm your father!"

"A father? You are not! You always are a High King to me! Obeying your orders just not to disappoint you, but at least this one! Can I not choose whom I to marry?"

"No you cannot, my decisions are final. We have to meet King Gorgone and Priness Lianna tomorrow before the moon appears at its most powerful state in the night sky. Now leave."

The younger man then turns his back to the older man, leaving with hesitation and full of disappointing look.

The younger man walks towards the big golden doors with eccentric patterns and carvings on the sides leaving the older man sitting in the throne room.

******************************************************

I leave the throne room as soon as father Kevaar, the King of Daemonica and the High King of Encantasia, said so heading to my own room at the castle. I walk helplessly in the corridors and hallways to my room. Sadness and disappointment is visible on my face as to what's the result after convincing my father to cancel the marriage that he and King Gorgone, the King of the Elfaea, the ruler of the second biggest and powerful part of Encantasia, had arranged months ago.

I have nothing against the daughter of King Gorgone, Princess Lianna, in fact, I also admire her for her beauty, wit, and gentleness to the elves and fairy land. There is just one problem, a problem that only me and my best friend knows.

I snap out of my thoughts as I see a figure leaning besides the door of my room. As soon as he notices me, he then stands straight. I recognize the man as he faces me, my best friend, Creole.

"So how did it go?" he inquires as soon as we enter my room.

I walk to my bed, sitting and looking up to him I answered.

"The move I make is useless."

"So the marriage will---"

"---be settled. Yes. And it will be tomorrow before the full moon appears." I cut him off and finished his sentence lazily.

"I don't think we have a choice now that the High King's decision is final." Creole said sitting beside me, putting his hand on my shoulder for some comfort.

"You know that it's not that I don't like her. It's just that I can't."

"I know and I understand you Van. I know you well that it didn't take me long to know what you are." He said chuckling. I elbow him as soon as I noticed it.

"Have you told him?" he asked after a minute of silence.

"I don't think it would make him cancel the marriage if I told him that little secret of mine. Hell it would just make the ground shake because of his rage. And I don't want to see again my father's true form." I answered his question truthfully. We, demons, have human-like form which we were normally and whenever we travel to the human world, and have our true form as demons which appears whenever we are angry and we can't control our emotions and when times of wars. My father, Kevaar, can be gentle on his human-like form but with his true form? I'm sure you don't want to see it.

"Yeah. We'll find a way then." He said grinning.

I roll on the bed and lean at the headboard, staring at the ceiling around my big bedroom, a golden chandelier hanging on the center of the ceiling, at my left is a walk-in closet filled with different clothing for every occasion, weather and situation, at my right is my bedside table with a picture of me and Creole at the throne room smiling, beside it are two big wooden shelves, one contains books, maps, and scrolls, and the other contains different potions, from healing potion to one that can cause death, all have different colors which glows at night, beside it is the golden door with carvings similar to every door on the castle, across the door is the door to my terrace with big windows on both side and a fine silk red curtain that sways with the wind, and across from my bed at the far corner stands a big oval-shaped mirror used for transportation in the land of Daemonica and beside it is a smaller one that hangs on the red wall used for communication, both mirrors are specialized that only royals have.

I let out a sigh, thinking of the plan Creole made hours ago when he was here.

I'm Van Chloe<prounounce as Klo> Waimer, Prince of Daemonica, heir to the throne and the next in line High King of Encantasia. I have a jet black hair, cut-short, mash up in the front and spiky at the back, have deep black eyes, the color of the night at its darkest and have brown circling on it. I have a tan body, built and muscled with six pack abs, tall and gorgeous. Some say I'm a mirror of my father when he was young.

Everything on me seems to be perfect, as said by the creature living here in Encantasia, making me one of the most popular prince not just by who I am but also by the good looks and quality that I have. But there's one thing that they didn't know me... it's what I am.

Only Creole knew about my dirty little secret. Creole Forthand is my best friend. He is the son of the Adviser of the High King, one of the Lords of Daemonica, and best friend of my Father, Lord Sefat. He has long reddish brown hair and brown eyes. We've been friends since like at the beginning, and we are always partner in crime... I mean in all the stupid things that we did together. And six years ago I told him my secret which he told me that he knew and nothings gonna change in our friendship.

Creole had left hours ago, after we have plan out for my escape. He leaves and reassures me that the plan will work out. I just hope it would.

I pull on the covers up to my neck letting out a sigh, and making myself comfortable on the bed, then drifted to a long sleep hoping that tomorrow's gonna be just fine.

======================================

leave comments...and VOTE!love you guys.xD