THE NIGHT GUY: The Demon Prince - Edmund Mowen

I dedicate this one to KRYSTALxLILI(fangalator) for being my first fan ever.

============================================

THE NIGHT GUY: The Demon Prince

by: reader27®

============================================

CHAPTER ONE - Edmund Mowen

I'm Edmund Mowen, a simple guy... neither not the looser... not the average... nor the popular ... just the simple one. I'm in my third year in college now at Winter University. And I have been living by myself alone for two years now after the death of my only known family, my mother, Cecilia Mowen. I've never knew my father, and since my mother never mentioned him to me, I really don't have the slightest idea who he was. I just think that he was just an irresponsible father for abandoning us, though we've never suffer such hardships for my mother, Cecilia, is a bigtime rich woman. She transferred all her accounts, businesses, and other things that of value on my name. And because of that, I hired trustworthy personnel to manage those for me since I'm studying and wanted to enjoy my life. Though strange that I really don't have any physical resemblance with her, but would I doubt her for that? After all, like I said she's my only known family here in this cruel but happy world.

I have deep grey eyes and messy long dark grey hair that falls just a few inches above my shoulder, though it was now all black and have few grey streaks because I dyed it. Cecilia on the other hand, had blue eyes, the color of the sky, and had reddish hair. So see now the difference? But never that I doubt her for that, she's my mother and no one can ever change that, she's so caring and supportive, that I loved so much about her. For me she's the complete description of a good and loving mother. After her death, I had moved into a smaller house since I'm only on my own and so to move on with my life by myself. I never weep so much because I know she wants me to be happy even though without her. And even though I'm capable of buying a big house at the city, I chose to live on a smaller one and into a quiet place where I can think peacefully, and was a few minutes drive to my school.

After two years of living at that I would proudly say my house, I got used to with it, living in my own, contented of what I am now.

And now? I'm standing in the school hall way leaning against the wall, listening on my ipod, slowly singing along with the song, and smiling to every random students and professors passing by. I'm waiting for my best friend, Alice Reid, to inform her that I we won't go home today together for I have some thing related to school to do.

Alice has a face of an angel, has a long straight black silky hair, and would pass as a model if not because of her height. She's gorgeous, and before we've become this close, we are a couple, I mean boyfriend and girlfriend. But after three months of flirting, shouting, arguing with nonsense things, and being sweet with each other, we decided to break up; it's the both of us who decided it. We always knew that we would click as best friend. She was also the one who helped me out of those two years of adjustments in my life. She lives a few blocks away from my house, that's why we always go to school together.

I'm bisexual... not gay... but would imply since I'm attracted also to guys but still find girls sexy and beautiful, though now, I would prefer to have a relationship with a guy. I want to try and experience having a boyfriend... a serious one. Both Cecilia and Alice knew about this and both are not against with it. Alice even knew before we'd enter that relationship we had. I wasn't also got bullied by it because of the influence of my mother (thanks to that, but sometimes I feel so weak 'bout it). Though I received a few comments and violent reactions from other people but no physical beating ever happened. I am also one of the most active students in every school I attended to, thus, earning several awards. I'm not a geek who spends most of their time reading books, solving endless mathematical problems. I've just got the brain and hyper all the time. And also, I'm brave enough and know how to fight using my fist since I trained and enrolled myself on a self defense class back then. And I'm also somewhat adored by both girls and men, and love by gays.