THE NIGHT GUY The Demon Prince - Prologue

This one is dedicated to G4vegan for I was inspired to edit my stories after reading her "Rhetorical Analysis". She was a great critic! Hope someday she can evaluate my story/s. One thing that I learn on her Rhetorical Analysis is that details are extremely important on every story.

============================================ 

THE NIGHT GUY: The Demon Prince 

by: reader27® 

============================================

PROLOGUE

---“Elevator goes up.

Elevator comes down.

And you just go with the flow.

Until your feet are back on the ground.

It’s an endless ride.

Sometimes it takes you up.

Sometimes it tears you down inside.

But it’s the butterflies.

That keeps you feeling so alive.

So alive.”---

I was blinded by the sun light passing through my window though it has blinds on it. I immediately scan the room as I adjusted my sight into the brightness, though as I expected that I would not find any, I still feel disappointment. I was alone again.

I sigh, totally woken up by the ringing phone on my bedside table. I pick it up lazily and flip it open only to see my best friend’s name on my phone, calling. I brace myself as I see her name. I place my phone inches away from my face setting it up on loudspeaker so that I can still hear the person on the other line. Counting… in one… two… and three…

“HEY GET UP YOUR LAZY BUTT UP! DIDN’T YOU KNOW WHAT TIME WAS IT? IT’S FREAKING TEN IN THE MORNING! WHY DIDN’T YOU COME TO SCHOOL WITHOUT EVEN BOTHERING TO TELL ME? I MAY JOIN YOU, YOU KNOW! AND WHY DID IT TAKES YOU FOREVER TO FREAKING ANSWER THE PHONE?” she shouts on the other line.

“I’m tired and… sore.” I replied whispering the last hoping she didn’t hear it; tiredness is pretty obvious on my tone.

“You’re WHAT? Oh God! Did you just do it? I mean the S thing? To whom did you do it? Is he a stranger or something? A jock? A jerk? An asshole? Or what? Tell me and I’m gonna kick his ass until it gets sore same as yours” she rants on the other line non-stop.

“Calm down… Neither HE wasn’t a WHAT nor a stranger… the night guy… my night guy.” I say more in a serious and sad tone.

“He’s still a stranger… you didn’t even know his name… he was just someone who sneak up on your room at night… didn’t you find it creepy?” she answers on the other line a matter of factly. The guy I spent the night with was a total stranger I met six days ago in a street at the foot of the tree on my way home from school. After helping him, my nights got wild, having him slept on my side every night and thought I was just dreaming, cradling me by his strong arms. I felt secured and safe that no one can harm me just by his presence. And though I spent five nights with him, I didn’t got a chance and always forgot to ask what his name was, but last night he did tell me and explain why he always come and sneak at my room at night. Van Chloe Waimer, what a beautiful name he had. And after those nights, I find myself falling for him which brought sadness in me as soon as I realized it.

“Hey! Ed! Edmund! Are you still there?” Alice called out on the other line snapping me out with my thought of my night guy.

“Oh hush… come here after class Alice and I’ll tell you everything you wanted to know.” After that I hung up. My thought was then again filled by Van, of what we did last night, what he’d tell me… but everything about him was still a mystery on me, though I wonder why I didn’t bother if he sneak in my room at night. I just felt connected to him and something inside me just wanted his presence.

I rolled over on the bed touching the place where he slept, and hugging the pillow he used, smelling every scent he had left on it. His intoxicating scent that caresses me whenever it reaches my nose filling my brain. Last night really was my happiest night and saddest night. I enjoyed it and I know he too did. I just hope it would happen again and that I can spend another time with him. I just met him but we have to say goodbye so soon. He promised one thing though and I will hold onto it.

I got up from bed, knowing that if I ever stayed on that bed a while longer, I won’t do anything today. I stare at the window as I feel someone was staring at my direction but no one was there but just the sun shining brightly, and from far was the big tree where I meet Van days ago.

I pull up on my bed, removing the thin sheet that covers my half naked body, and slowly placing my feet on the floor to get up.

“Ugh…” a pain shot me at my lower back and my ass as I try standing up making me sat back again on the edge of my bed, feeling more pain. My ass was really sore, though last night what I felt was full pleasure.

“Lessons learned; don’t push yourself to the limit if you know that there would be tomorrow.” I said to myself as I try to stand up again using my bedside table for some support.

I walk slowly, watching every step carefully towards the bathroom. As I reached the bathroom, I turn on the knob and with a click, slowly opening the bathroom door. I enter my bathroom limply and heads to the tub. I carefully toggle on the hot water and cold water knobs of the tub to produce just mild hot water. When I’m satisfied with the temperature of the water, I let the water flow and fill the tub and putting on some bathing solutions. I then slowly walk to the sink.

Clinging on to the ridge of the sink, I stare at the very image in front of me at the mirror.  Across from me stare a figure of a guy, half naked, with lightly built body, has strangely pale skin, and having two dark grey eyes. I was dazed for a moment in deep thought, thinking of nothing in particular.

I was pulled back to reality by the water overflowing from the tub making little noise as the water drips onto the tiled floor. I walk back to the tub, closing the knobs to stop the flow of water.

I slid off my boxers, as I did, I step my right foot on the tub, feeling the warmth from my foot as it runs up to my body. Next, I put my left foot on the tub, as I feel the warmth, I then sat up on the tub making the warm water covered my naked body up to my neck. The warm water caresses my entire body, loosening my muscles up, feeling relax. I straightened up a little so that I’ll be lying on the tub.

Feeling more comfortable, I rested my head on the edge of the tub, closing my eyes. That is when flashes of memories start to visualize on my mind, as to how Van and I met, how I found him lying on the ground in pain asking me to help him.